Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Possible flaw with climate feature in game  (Read 2031 times)

Sigmar

Possible flaw with climate feature in game
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:56:09 PM »
I have been trying to see if its possible to have an orbit of a planet control its season. however i am finding the climate function error possibly. What i am saying is that instead of having the planet(Earth model used) itself tilted 23.1 degrees as it orbits around the sun, I am seeing if the orbit around the sun is tilted and thus causing seasons. so far i have it work fine for a few orbits and then it slowly proceeds to get colder and colder with no change in distance to the sun. the idea behind this was "why does the planet have to be tilted for seasons" when in theory it could be just its orbit with having the northern hemisphere in sunlight when below the plane of the sun and sunlight on the southern hemisphere when the sun is below the plane. the plane being at two times a full orbit where the planet and sun are in-line with each other. i ask this because it wont happen if i don't have the climate feature on. so is this an error with the way its set up with the climate model or is it some other underlying issue.