Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not sure if a bug or no  (Read 1987 times)

DenisineD

Not sure if a bug or no
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
Hello all

I would like to know....

When i play with the density of an object....it doesn't seem to affect the size of it or the mass....is it a little bug?

When i play with the SMA it seem the object get a very eccentric orbit or disappear....is it normal?

For stars, i can't recreate stars from the first US (stars i made for my accretion disk planet formation....) it just seem i can t adjust the exact density, or diameter or mass. Even i can t relate the luminosity with the surface temperature....+ if i lower the star size and keep the same temperature, the luminosity is not affected. I know its alpha and a lot of stuff will be fix and i know this team work pretty hard, but i wanna know if its only me that have those bugs :/

+ i've tried many collision even really wide angle collision and i just can't create a moon object with the debris or a ring or any  kind of object in a more stable orbit.... I have a few debris flying around (mostly at very close orbit). Normally we shouldn't see like a mini accretion disk forming (red glowing) after such a huge impact? Exemple Mars Vs Earth. Even if both object are destroy (venus vs earth), it would be nice to see the debris getting back to each others with a mini accretion disk (or dense ring) around the newly formed object. (just a little tip for Dan....because i know you are a perfectionist lol :)  )

smjjames

Re: Not sure if a bug or no
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »
The collision stuff you're talking about will have to wait until they get the SPH mode and mechanics enabled. I too want to see the Earth-Theia impact theory simulated. :D