Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Clique -vs- The world mafia Day 1  (Read 11093 times)

Jorster

• karma chameleon
Clique -vs- The world mafia Day 1
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »
Everyone gathered around the large round table, complaining about how late their host was. Darvince looked around at his fellow visitors. He counted 8, not including his so-called host, if he even bothered to show up after all this time. He noticed that almost no one was talking or socializing, but they were all instead looking around anxiously, as if they knew something was about to happen. Almost as if this was a story written by a sub-par writer, a speaker on the wall crackled to life at the perfect time.
   "CHSCKHSCHKSKHCHKSCHSKHCHSCKHSCKHSCHKSKCHSCKHSKCHSKHCSHKCSH" It said. "Welcome to my humble home" The speaker emitted in the voice of a man. "You may call me Jorster, and I am your host for these next few wonderful days as you participate in this game."
   Everyone started sharing uneasy glances.
   "What do you mean, days?" shouted one of the men. "You never told us this would last for several days!"
   "No, no, I neglected to tell you that. This game, however, has the ultimate reward should you win. YOUR LIFE!" He said in an incredibly cliche manner.
   "The way that this game works is that I have two informants in your midst. Every night, there is a chance that one of you will die. Your job is to figure out which of those among you are part of my group, or clique, you could say. The game begins, NOW!"
   The speaker crackled and faded out. All of a sudden, one of the men in the crowd let out a scream. As people turned towards the source of noise, they saw a crumpled figure lying on the ground.
   "Just so you know I'm not playing around..." Said the speaker sinisterly

Jorster

• karma chameleon
Re: Clique -vs- The world mafia Day 1
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »
Rules:
General
1. This is a game. Have fun.
2. Play to your win condition.
3. The game starts with a pre-game phase and then enters day start.
4. Keep all personal attacks to a minimum. Please try to be civil.
5. Do not talk about this game publically outside this thread unless your role PM states otherwise. This is a modkillable offense.
6. Related to the above rule - you may not communicate with other players outside of the game thread unless your role PM states otherwise. This is a modkillable offense.
7. Under no conditions may you quote or pretend to quote any communication with me, the Moderator. This, too, is a modkillable offense. Paraphrasing and "breadcrumbing" is allowed.
8. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. Depending on the issue, a question in the thread might be answered as well, but for a guaranteed answer, ask me through a PM.
9. I am not perfect. If you see anything that needs fixing, such as a faulty vote count or a player needing a prod, tell me.
10. Just to reinforce - this is a game. Have fun.

Votes and Lynches:
11. A vote will only be counted if it is written in the following format: Vote: Jorster. Make sure it is bold!
12. Spelling mistakes and shortenings are okay as long as I can decode what player is being referenced. If I don't understand who you are voting for, I will not count your vote.
13. Lynches occur when a player has over 50% of the votes. If a majority has not been reached by the end of the deadline, a No Lynch will occur and the day will end. Unvotes and new votes after a majority has been reached will be ignored.
14. Unvotes between votes are NOT necessary, but highly encouraged. Do these by typing Unvote
15. A "No Lynch" may be enforced by having 50% of the living player base vote Vote: No Lynch.
16. I aim to produce at least one vote count per day or page, depending on activity. I will also edit the top post of each page to contain an up-to-date vote count.

Activity and Deadlines:
17. The deadlines for each day will be 10 days. If a replacement happens just before deadline, this may be extended.
18. All nights will be 48 hours long. This will only ever be extended if I need a replacement during the night. Nights will never end early.
19. To send me a night action, send me a PM or bold it in your QT (short for QuickTopic - http://www.quicktopic.com/ - Mafia communication is done here), should you have one. If no night action has been submitted, no action will be taken. If you do not intend to use your night ability a specific night, please tell me.
20. I allow conditional PM's. For example, "If X flips town, target Y. If X flips Mafia, target Z."
21. Prods will happen after 2½ days (60 hours) of inactivity. If I need to prod you three times, you'll be replaced.
22. If you suspect that you'll be unavailable for a certain amount of time (V/LA), tell me in a PM, in the thread or in a QT if you have one. This will be put into the vote count.
23. Should you notice that you'll be unavailable for future playing, please notify me and I will begin the search for a replacement.

misc_jackie_rules.png
24. Flavor has no bearing on the alignment of anyone playing.
25. Finally - this is still a game. Have fun.

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
Still searching for the truth:
1. Darvince
2. Fiah
3. Bla
4. Matty
5. Tuto
6. TMC
7. Blotz

Eliminated:
None

With 7 alive, it's 4 to achieve a lynch.
Deadline is at August 21st, 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

The day has begun!

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »
vote: tmc
-random.org

TheMooCows

• Why should I have to trust humans?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:35 PM »
vote bla

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »
Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 4

Bla - 1 - TMC (L-3)
TMC - 1 - Blotz (L-3)

Players not voting: Bla, Darvince, Fiah, Matty, Tuto

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:25 PM »
Vote: Tmc

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '131570'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:14:05 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
Vote: TheMooCows

matty406

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
Vote Tuto
kill him until he dies

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
it won't let me kill bong how lame
he is of jkok

Vote: Bong

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »
Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 4

Bla - 1 - TMC (L-3)
Blotz - 2 - Darvince, Fiah (L-2)
TMC - 3 - Bla, Blotz, Tuto (L-1)
Tuto - 1 - Matty (L-3)

Players not voting:

TMC Is at L-1. This means that only one vote would lynch him. Be aware of this

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
but everyone voted so it doesn't matter?
oh right unvotes

matty406

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
Can days go faster when all votes are lodged?

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
You guys are misunderstanding how the game works, I think. You're supposed to figure out who is the scum by discussion, and then eventually lynching when an agreement has been reached. You can unvote, and change who you vote for, and use it to provide pressure and all that good stuff.
NEW MANDATORY READING MATERIAL:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner%27s_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »
yes but nothing happens yet and we dont want to kill someone accidentalyl

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Ok, so why did everyone direct their votes at those they did? :P
(I know nobody except the mafia can't really have any clue as to who's in the mafia by now since nobody has said anything yet, but if we get a discussion going we'll have better chances of being able to get clues on who is what)

So anyway, I voted to lynch TMC because he first of all voted for me to be lynched :P and as a minor side reason his post didn't say he randomly chose his target, unlike Blotz, making him the first to potentially choose a target based on knowledge. (Unless Blotz wasn't telling the truth). But yes it's hard to pick at this point, I'll just stick with TMC for now.

matty406

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »
I currently cannot hold any grudges because I have no votes, so I voted for someone else with no votes.

FiahOwl

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 02:54:09 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '131749'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:13:47 AM by FiahOwl »

matty406

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
unvote Tuto, vote: Fiah, because that was proper suspect that was

TheMooCows

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
I voted for Bla because he is of pyschopath. Seriously though, if I was going  to assign who was in the mafia bla would be my first choice :P

That being said it was probably random.

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
Mod confirm: Roles were chosen completely at random

TheMooCows

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »
This is actually an interesting situation since I have three votes for this early in the game methinks. With three votes on myself there are several interesting outcomes:

If Dar, Fiah or Matty are mafia scum:

Do they risk being found out to remove a player earlier? Or do they rely on the fact that the community knows that they could kill someone to hide their identity?

If I am a mafia scum

While neither confirming nor denying, if I was a mafia scum it would pose an interesting thought. The other mafia memeber would undoubtedly be dar fiah or matty as they would not want to attribute to my death (unless of course they don't understand the game). However, they could use killing the other mafia member as a distraction as to the fact that they are in fact a member of the mafia. Whether that gamble would be worth it, is a different matter altogether.

If the two mafia scum are already wanting to lynch me:

I cri errytim. But I may be spared for a bit :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »
there's nothing to discuss. We don't really have any concrete evidence. . . Right? ;)

unvote
I agree we don't have any concrete evidence, but if we don't start discussing at least, we'll never get it. The mafia could just sit every night and kill people, but since nobody discussed anything there'd be no clues as to why the mafia would target the person who got killed. I also agree with TMC's points above with the group alignments, then again, the mafia would know people would look for it, so well...

I'll change my vote to Vote: FiahOwl for now.

FiahOwl

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 05:36:23 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '132223'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:13:36 AM by FiahOwl »

matty406

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 05:38:32 AM »
sounds like something someone in the mafia would say

FiahOwl

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 05:39:26 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '132226'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:13:34 AM by FiahOwl »

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »
As per request there is now a Google Doc in which the votecounts are stored. It will be updated whenever I see someone changes their vote.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MV8XxV24-yMCClPofwQOZSfOJ6_B19hhw3GYdxgK8YA/edit

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
fiah are you mafia

FiahOwl

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:58 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '132259'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:13:28 AM by FiahOwl »