Welcome, Guest

Poll

How did you like it?

YOU ARE SO EPIC I LIKE ALMOST WORSHIP YOU!!!!
3 (50%)
EPIC
1 (16.7%)
AWESOME
1 (16.7%)
Good
0 (0%)
Ok
1 (16.7%)
Boring...
0 (0%)
TERRIBLE *spits out*
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: The Great Storm (a story i wrote in about 15 minutes)  (Read 3088 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
The Great Storm (a story i wrote in about 15 minutes)
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:14:59 PM »
Part 1

The wind was roaring like it was a tiger pouncing upon it's prey. I get under a blanket, under a table, then CRASH!!! the wall blows out and hail rushes inside. The deafening roar of the tornado was indescribable.

It all started on a warm day in Nebraska. My family and I were watching the news. We had noticed that there was a tornado watch issued from the National Weather Service, but we didn't think much of it. Later in the day, large cumulus clouds had started to build up, and the sky had quickly become overcast. My nephew, who was visiting from Minnesota, ran outside to play in the mud and rain, followed by his brother who had come with him. "Don't get sick!" my mother mother called out through the door. She walked over to me and told me to go outside and watch them. I nodded, and obeyed. There was a fresh breeze outside and it felt about 89 degrees, which was quite comfortable.

After about an hour the rain began to get harder and the wind was close to gale. Mother opened the door and called for us to go in. I yelled for my nephews and the ran inside with muddy clothes. "Get outside now you little monsters! Clean off your shoes at least!" she yelled. I helped my nephews to get their shoes clean and noticed that one had a scrape. "Let's not let it get infected" I told him. I then called to mother and asked her if she could take care of his scrape.

It was then that I was just closing the door when it started to hail. We had just moved here and weren't very educated about tornadoes, but I didn't notice this was the signs of a strong thunderstorm. "Hey, everyone, you need to see this" my father called to us. "What is it?" I asked. "Tornado warning for our county" he replied. I froze in terror. I did not know what to do. "Get on to the National Weather Service site Laura" My father told my mother.

After a few minutes my mother has logged on to the site. "It advises we get to a room in the center of our-" She paused. "Do you hear that?" A slight roaring sound had brewed. "That's the storm!" I yelled, "Get under a table or something! It works with 'quakes". We all rushed under a table, and that's when it grew louder... And louder... I felt like the roof was going to fly off!

The wind was roaring like it was a tiger pouncing upon it's prey. I get under a blanket, under a table, then CRASH!!! the wall blows out and hail rushes inside. The deafening roar of the tornado was indescribable.

End of Part 1...

Part 2

It felt as if I was laying on tracks and a train was just inches away from me, but under a blanket, and 20 times louder. I felt the wind shift and heard the table crack... The sound started to fade away, only slightly, before something fell on my nephew, who was next to me at the time. He started to scream, and I felt a rush of relief fall over me, it was a good sign he was alive. "Calm down" I tried to comfort him.

After a short while, a VERY short while, the tornado had passed. "Okay, you can come out" my father said to us. He must have peeked out of the blanket. We got up. We all were silent in awe, looking at the dying torando, when mother started to cry. "He's gone..." she paused. "Who?" Father and I asked. "Anthony..." then she continued sobbing. We three felt sad. No one knew how to tell his brother Greg, he was only 7.

"There's nothing left." I said. The walls were gone, and I had just noticed I was bleeding, I had a few cuts, the blankets were bloody, but, it was better than us with broken bones. We made it out, but not our stuff, well other than Anthony, sadly. I also noted that the table no longer was above where I was, I saw it about 400 feet from my current location.

End of Part 2...

Part 3 tomorrow...

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:57:16 PM by NeutronStar »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
Re: The Great Storm (a story i wrote in about 15 minutes)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
YOU ARE SO EPIC I LIKE ALMOST WORSHIP YOU!!!!

LOLWUT?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
idk  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »
Awesome. I didn't think the words as a linear scale, but awesome is a slightly strong word, and I think your story deserves that word.
Waiting for part two. :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:31:47 AM »
Words aren't. But I am very random, and sometimes, I like things different. It's just a way to describe it. ;D

Btw, my mom is not like this, nor is my dad, we don't live in Nebraska and I only have a 5 month old nephew. Plus, I'm not like that either.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '47730'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:04:13 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »
kol *votes on every single poll thread*