Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This. Is. Disgusting (to say the least)  (Read 6013 times)

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
This. Is. Disgusting (to say the least)
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone who got accepted into the closed group of Alpha testers.
I just want to say that I thought it's highly immature and also impolite for the rejects to suddenly start pouting about the rejection not and then just leave the forum. Basically they Lemongrab'd GA, tossed the desk, and took off without a goodbye.
To understand what I mean, these are 12% of the rejects I've seen so far:
http://youtu.be/P_xO_bUGjEg

Honestly, I'm not saying this from an Alpha tester point of view, I'm saying this from a civilized human owl scroomsaw point of view.

It's not cute, cool, or acceptabru.

I'm sorry if you were rejected, but this is child's play.

Estwald

Re: This. Is. Disgusting (to say the least)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:50:52 PM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone who got accepted into the closed group of Alpha testers.
I just want to say that I thought it's highly immature and also impolite for the rejects to suddenly start pouting about the rejection not and then just leave the forum. Basically they Lemongrab'd GA, tossed the desk, and took off without a goodbye.

Honestly, I'm not saying this from an Alpha tester point of view, I'm saying this from a civilized human owl scroomsaw point of view.

You can't blame them for reacting like that... I would be really goddamn pissed too, if I found out I was rejected after a month of suspense.

Cryo

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
YES  you CAN they knew very well that only 50 people could get in, they knew the  unlikely-hood,and those that didn't get the alpha and are Gracious  enough to not rage like a child. have my deepest respect ,Ubox 2 will be out later this year, you'll get yah grubby hand's on it sooner or later >:(

Vince77

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:54:55 AM »
You can't blame them for reacting like that... I would be really goddamn pissed too, if I found out I was rejected after a month of suspense.
That would not be a reason for spamming the forum. But yes, I know that it would be really sad to be rejected.

Pinkythefoxxywasp

• Snoop is my idol
    • Steam Account
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:38:06 AM »
Yeah, it's normal for people to get abit sad/angry because they didn't get accepted, but that doesnt mean they should spam/send any hate messages about it because that's just silly and immature.

adtdeveloping

• Alpha tester here :D < Cause ... yolo.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »
I actually feel sad for the people who received the messages. They just do their work.
It's just sooo immature to send those messages because they lost. Wait 2-3 months and buy it.

Edit:
I also feel sad for the rejected ones though, but it's not a reason to send the messages or spam.
It only makes the progress go slower.

Xriqxa

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:15:02 AM »

Yes, it's horrible, but that's no reason to rage quit the forums.
Dan is a very generous person, if you didn't get the Alpha there must be something terribly wrong with your application, or maybe it wasn't bad but other's people were better.

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »
Yes, I think those who were not accepted should have acted a bit more mature. For the first alpha signup, I thought I was rejected and I accepted it and posted that I would see everyone in the final release, having complete intention to stay on the forums and communicate with the testers. I think seeing their behavior has shown me that the never deserved it anyway. If you throw a fit because of something, you don't deserve it anyway. Not to bash them or anything, but I wish they would act in an adult manner.

Unnamed25

• o hai
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
Can i have a link for the posts?

Pinkythefoxxywasp

• Snoop is my idol
    • Steam Account
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 10:45:47 AM »
i agree with you completely  Breakfestbacon, people overreact too much with this.

Xriqxa

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »
Yes, I think those who were not accepted should have acted a bit more mature. For the first alpha signup, I thought I was rejected and I accepted it and posted that I would see everyone in the final release, having complete intention to stay on the forums and communicate with the testers. I think seeing their behavior has shown me that the never deserved it anyway. If you throw a fit because of something, you don't deserve it anyway. Not to bash them or anything, but I wish they would act in an adult manner.
That's an exceptionally awesome reply. Adult manner? See, this is why I refer to these people as 8YO.

i agree with you completely  Breakfestbacon, people overreact too much with this.
Overreaction? I think this behavior is better described as being spoilt. Honestly, the devs not what they are doing! Plus, if you will react this way to rejection you probably wouldn't have been a good tester at all!
Can i have a link for the posts?

Can't find any right now, but this guy's signature is close enough to the kind of posts I was talking about.
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=6702

And yes Cosmos, I got accepted. Why do you ask?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:57:13 AM by Xriqxa »

Cosmos

• unvrs sndbox plz.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »
Did you get accepted?

Player123

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
i got rejected :(