Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planet X/Nibiru Simulation or what would happen if there is a big ugly planet  (Read 10787 times)

Maniraiser

Hey there,
I recently bought Universe Sandbox on Steam because I was realy interested in what you can do but I also wanted to test what would happen if there is a Planet X, also called Nibiru (you know that shit-end-of-the-world-Annunki-thing)  ;D
I want to write a story or even a book based on the existence of Annunaki and there planet. It is only the base concept, the true story is based on another fictional thing but I want to use the Annunaki Theory as a setting.
So I want to figure out what would happen if there is a big ugly planet rushing into our system. Exactly I want to create a somehow realistic setting, except that there is no planet like this for real and everyone prompting something else is nuts but let's just pretend for a while. So for my story it would be great if there is a way that a red dwarf like Nibiru could come close to earth every XXXX years (if I get it right the many theorys populated on the web said something about 3000-4000 years) and don't distract our solar system too bad.
Since im no scientist and not very familiar with the Programm I want to ask you for help. Can you explain to me how to set this up?
And I have some questions if anyone of you is familiar with universe and space stuff.

As mentioned, is it possible that a red dwarf crosses our solar system every 3000 or 4000 years?

Is it even possible that the time it takes for the red dwarf to complete his round changes?

Could it be that a red dwarf (since i don't believe someone was able to explore such a thing) still has some heat in it?

miros_0571

• Miros Corporation Ltd.
Hey there,
I recently bought Universe Sandbox on Steam because I was realy interested in what you can do but I also wanted to test what would happen if there is a Planet X, also called Nibiru (you know that shit-end-of-the-world-Annunki-thing)  ;D
I want to write a story or even a book based on the existence of Annunaki and there planet. It ist only the base concept, the true story is based on another fictional thing but I want to use the Annunaki Theory as a setting.
So I want to figure out what would happen if there is a big ugly planet rushing into our system. Exactly I want to create a somehow realistic setting, except that there is no planet like this for real and everyone prompting something else is nuts but let's just pretend for a while. So for my story it would be great if there is a way that a red dwarf like Nibiru could come close to earth every XXXX years (if I get it right the many theorys populated on the web said something about 3000-4000 years) and don't distract our solar system too bad.
Since im no scientist and not very familiar with the Programm I want to ask you for help. Can you explain to me how to set this up?
And I have some questions if anyone of you is familiar with universe and space stuff.

As mentioned, is it possible that a red dwarf crosses our solar system every 3000 or 4000 years?

Is it even possible that the time it takes for the red dwarf to complete his round changes?

Could it be that a red dwarf (since i don't believe someone was able to explore such a thing) still has some heat in it?

Sorry comrade, Planet X or Nibiru does not exist.

smjjames

Yes a red dwarf would have some heat in it, but at that distance, the effect a red dwarf would have is likely negligible. Also, this would go in the astronomy and science section.

@miros, true, but this is just a hypothetical what if.

Maniraiser

Sorry comrade, Planet X or Nibiru does not exist.

I know, said that about 2 or 3 times in my posting so you don't think I'm totally crazy :D
It's just a "what IF there is" thing.

Yes a red dwarf would have some heat in it, but at that distance, the effect a red dwarf would have is likely negligible. Also, this would go in the astronomy and science section.

Topic was moved here by Moderator so don't blame me ^-^"
Thanks for your answer. So if there is still some heat it may be possible to digg deep under the surface to get a little bit more heat?
Anyway, does anybody know how to do a simulation of what would happen if such a big object ( I don't even know the size i just think since a red dwarf was a sun long ago i just set it to "1 sun"?)
crosses our solar System? Because if something like that should happen in my story and that means everything is going to collapse that would be pretty dumb. Okay I know since it is a story and the planet doesn't even exist, there allready are some lies in it but i wanted it to make it even a little bit believable.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Bla is a Global Moderator not just any old moderator

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Okay, so, a red dwarf (similar to Gliese 581, Barnard's star?) woul not have the mass of one sun. Open universe sandbox and check their masses out, and you've got something to work with.

Another thing, it depends on how close you want the star to come in. If it crosses the orbits of any planets in our solar shame or comes very close, then it would easily destabilise the solar system very quickly (a few orbits or less). So with the new mass I gave you, try experimenting and running the solar system for thousands of orbits.

But unless you put it way, way far out it (past the Kuiper belt by a lot) it would'nt be possible, you'd need to redo the solar system from ground up to fit into your story.

Maniraiser

well first try, Saturn is gone, then Jupiter and Earth sort of...well let's say it is no more XD
So by crossing any orbit no matter how far away the planets are, the whole system just goes crazy. So you are right but any way thanks for the help. I always get to deep into all this stuff I have in my head :D
Like anybody cares if a Sci-Fi Setting actually works, who would have guessed 20 years ago that 3D and holographic things will be real. Star Wars was absolutely Sci-Fi these days.
But still I keep trying, maybe the sun is the problem cause the Star gets to close to it.

Edit:
Uhm...actually, i just let the simulation run for a couple of years with the standart scenario of our solarsystem, no changes just speed it up. The thing is...by 2100 or so we're all dead?
Running through the simulation at some point earth and some other planets and stars go "bye bye, cya" and I don't believe flying away from the sun is pretty healthy. So what the hell do i care about distractions in our universe when it's allready fucked up by itself :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:50:28 PM by Maniraiser »

Darvince

• 差不多
No, Universe Sandbox only calculates once per time step, so you probably had time step way up near 1 year or something

Maniraiser

Oh jeah right i have to change the value at "1 real sec =" right? I did this and set it to 365 days per second, but still mercury is gone in 2017-2019 ^^

Gendo

Maniraiser,

There is a novel trilogy called The Tenth Planet, just so you are aware. Each book is only a few hundred pages, so it's a relatively quick read. They don't call it Nibiru or it's inhabitants the Annunaki, but you'll need to try and make the plot different enough from it somehow if you're serious about writing a novel along these lines.

Good luck! :-)

p.s. It should be easy to just take the basic Solar System model already in US v2.2, and add in a red dwarf still fairly far out in a highly eccentric orbit into the inner Solar System. Put it on a fairly slow setting, and tweak it's orbital characteristics until you are satisfied. Then speed up the simulation. Obviously, since there are near infinite possibilities with it's orbital and mass characteristics, there are near infinite possible outcomes as far as how it alters planetary orbits. With a mid-range quad core system you could probably get around 2,500-3,000 years per day of processing at 1 hour time steps if you turn off ALL the graphical extras, and put it on full screen mode.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:43:54 PM by Gendo »

APODman

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
    • Astronomic Picture of the Day - Brazil
I did some simulations with this fictional planet in our solar system.

The effects are catastrophic at "short time", in only 35 million years the solar system are completely haggard.  The screenshot below is the result of the simulation in the software Gravity Simulator:

(Pluto is dark ink, Neptune is dark blue, Saturn is yellow, Uranus is green, Jupiter is pale pink, inside Jupiter orbit is possible to see the very eccentric orbit of Mars in red, Nibiru is th outermost red orbit)

It´s impossible this planet to exist in our solar system.

The data for Nibiru to run this simulation (can be used to simulated it in Universe Sandbox too) is:

a: 235.5000000
e: 0.9800000
i: 30.0000000
Node: 120.5911330
Peri: 90.0000000
Mean: 66.9061279
Mass and Diameter are the same of Jupiter.

Regards
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:34:05 AM by APODman »

APODman

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
    • Astronomic Picture of the Day - Brazil
And Zecharia Sitchin was a big stupid liar !