General Category > Everything Else

The edge of civilization

(1/36) > >>

Yqt1001:
For most people in the world, getting lost in a single direction wouldn't mean going very far until you reach civilization.

Today while driving home, my little sister asked "why is there houses on one side of the road and not the other", this road being the city limits of Thunder Bay. This brought up the question of, what is on the other side of the road in the northern direction?

Excluding possible native reserves (too lazy to search them all) and a single rail road track, you would spend 8300km walking nearly directly north until you hit... Bratsk, Irkutsk. (Bratsk is just the closest city north, there is a village in the Irkutsk region that is directly north)

Until the Trans Siberian Railway, you wouldn't come across a single house...

I guess I live on the northern edge of civilization.

FiahOwl:
This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '104760'.

atomic7732:
if you walked north you would be at the north pole where you would die before ever thinking that south was a direction you could walk to find civilization

(but anyway yeah interesting)

tuto99:

--- Quote from: atomic7732 on April 25, 2013, 04:30:37 PM ---if you walked north you would be at the north pole where you would die before ever thinking that south was a direction you could walk to find civilization

(but anyway yeah interesting)

--- End quote ---
Well, that's not the point.

blotz:
hey yqts doing a what if

what if the sun exploded right now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version