Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Habitable zones do not properly respond to temperatures  (Read 5768 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
[BUG] Habitable zones do not properly respond to temperatures
« on: October 02, 2018, 04:38:19 PM »
There is also another terrible bug which is also critical in Universe Sandbox 2. The habitable zones of any stars, including random main sequence stars, random known stars and custom made stars, do not properly respond to temperatures. For example, when adding a planet in the red zone of the habitable zone around a star, most of the time, the planet is frozen. That is not correct because the planet is supposed to be red hot and melt.

When placing a planet in the green zone, which is the habitable zone, the planet is frozen as well. In the green zone which is known as the habitable zone of goldilocks zone, the planet should be habitable in terms of temperature, therefore the temperature must be balanced, suitable for life.

When placing a planet in the blue zone, it is normal for them to freeze, but sometimes the planets placed in the blue zone which is the cold zone sometimes get fairly warm which is not supposed to happen.

This bug is a persistent bug with habitable zones because it keeps on occurring on and on all the time. Showing habitable zones in Universe Sandbox 2 is a visual aid which helps the users determine where the hot, habitable and cold zones are around a star. Having glitched temperature zones which are always bugged causes misleading temperature information to users which makes it very difficult to make proper and suitable solar systems.

Please fix the bug with habitable zones temperatures for all stars including custom made stars. Universe Sandbox 2 must be properly made to respond with temperatures because temperature is a very important key feature in this simulator which all users creating simulations depend on. Please fix this irritating bug once it for all.

I really need to get the developers attention on this bug, so please kindly reply back to me. I want this bug to be fixed in the next update, if possible.

Thank you.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: [BUG] Habitable zones do not properly respond to temperatures
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »
Habitable zones are generalized areas that are most applicable to Earth-like planets. There are a number of factors that could change whether or not an individual planet will respond in the same way to the distance from a star. Mass, nearby objects, atmosphere, are a few variables that would affect this.