Universe Sandbox > Universe Sandbox ² | Discussion

Why dont planets have climate becasue I gave one climate

<< < (3/3)

Cesare:
Yes, I know that it would be so amazing to have climate mode and seasons for all custom made planets including terrestrial planets in our Solar System.

An equator line that can be enabled and disabled for terrestrial planets, gas giants and stars would be very ideal. I have already asked for such a feature because I always want to know where exactly is the equator line on my planets and stars.

Physics_Hacker:

--- Quote from: Cesare on February 19, 2018, 09:20:06 PM ---Yes, I know that it would be so amazing to have climate mode and seasons for all custom made planets including terrestrial planets in our Solar System.

An equator line that can be enabled and disabled for terrestrial planets, gas giants and stars would be very ideal. I have already asked for such a feature because I always want to know where exactly is the equator line on my planets and stars.

--- End quote ---

Click the edit button (the one by the add that has a hand over it), select the planet you want to have your equator line for, click the circle-arrows and the green circle around the planet is pretty much exactly the equator, as it is the direction the planet rotates. You can also change the axis tilt with the same process and by clicking and dragging on the circle of your choice.

Cesare:
I have done that before but that is not really the equator. That green line is just an axis guide. An equator line would be a white line that can be turned on or off just like the clouds and climate mode. An equator line would be very accurate and would show up exactly between the two hemispheres.

Physics_Hacker:
that IS the equator, that's literally what the equator is, both what separates the hemispheres and the middle point between the poles...it's the axis guide that shows the direction of rotation and isn't skewed to either side (trust me, my sims would be all kinds of messed up if this wasn't the case) so it literally is the equator .-.

Cesare:
The climate of planets should be much more than changing its temperature and causing the ice caps to expand or retreat. When planet grids soon come along with Update 21, it shall open a door to new climate dimensions, making it possible to simulate temperature variations and much more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version