Universe Sandbox > Universe Sandbox ² | Updates

Latest update can be found on the main board

<< < (4/7) > >>

Cesare:
Yes. It will be a huge update. The developers have already said that Update 21 will be a huge update. One good thing that will happen in Update 21 is the planet grid feature and better interaction with temperature variation instead of the average temperature of planets. Temperature variation will be a good feature for when using laser beams to melt parts of planets where the laser is firing.

TheOneFromPoland:
Will more realistic landing will be added?

Flight Engineer Green:

--- Quote from: Cesare on February 15, 2018, 03:37:49 PM ---Yes. It will be a huge update. The developers have already said that Update 21 will be a huge update. One good thing that will happen in Update 21 is the planet grid feature and better interaction with temperature variation instead of the average temperature of planets. Temperature variation will be a good feature for when using laser beams to melt parts of planets where the laser is firing.

--- End quote ---

Without the Evolution of the life of the star, renewal, for me personally - is meaningless.
What is the use of looking at the temperature chart if the stars do not change their characteristics over the years?
 Well, the user pushed the trajectory, shot from the laser into the planet, but what's the use?
 No, as a bonus entertainment - it's interesting. But why in the simulator of the universe there is no main thing - changes in the characteristics of the stars themselves over time?
Why, when changing for example the density of matter or radius or changing the radius of the star at the same mass (for example, squeeze into a white dwarf), nothing changes? Why are all these characteristics almost unrelated?
Why does not the user have the ability to observe these events?
 Why do stars not lose their mass with age or do not gain?
Yes, when creating planetary systems, the design mode is good, but this program is a simulator, which means that after construction, the user should be able to really see what will happen.
I bought this program in the hope that I can see and simulate, at least in an approximate form, what is described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_evolution.

Shoot from the laser into the planet and the like things can be in the "Star Wars" and "Solar 2", as well as other arcade games. This is no longer impressive. This is more fun additional function, but not a very important element in the simulator of the universe.

For the time being, the work, if I may so express it, in the "Universe Sandbox ²" reminds me of the process when you can not stick a domino with your finger and see how the knuckles will fall beautifully in the established scheme.   ;)

It's so dreary to watch the stars, which are 900 billion years old and they are as immortal as the user. :D The stars do not expand and do not narrow, systems do not collapse, they do not go from orbit to orbit ... everything is static. In fact, I really want to start the timer and see that the planetary system created by myself will finally fail and possibly give rise to a new system. The eternal cycle of the universe: Life - Death - Life  ;D

Tools for virtual reality - great, but what about the basics?
I very, very much hope that this moment will be realized. In the meantime, it turns out that the "Universe Sandbox" is an expanded and sophisticated "Pocket Universe - 3D Gravity Sandbox for mobile devices" .. and this is somewhat frustrating and frustrating.
In fact, I really appreciate the work of developers. A truly amazing project, but without such a bright and basic astronomical process in the universe, everything boils down to "space billiards on a PC" ... ???

Cesare:
I think that it would be a great idea to add different types of aeroplanes, spaceships that you can control, fly and land of planets like you do in Space Engine.

Simulation abilities for aircrafts are needed in Universe Sandbox 2.

unclejoeussr:

--- Quote from: Cesare on April 22, 2018, 10:20:14 PM ---I think that it would be a great idea to add different types of aeroplanes, spaceships that you can control, fly and land of planets like you do in Space Engine.

Simulation abilities for aircrafts are needed in Universe Sandbox 2.

--- End quote ---
... no just no that's not the point of US2 if you want that go play Space Engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version