Universe Sandbox > Universe Sandbox ² | Support & Bugs

I know collisions are broken, but are these normal?

(1/1)

Xriqxa:
Occasionally after collisions the impacted body attains negative gravity. That's right, objects that were previously heading towards it suddenly switch direction.

Sometimes collisions between even small planets spawn Jupiter sized asteroids. Once even a star, I think.

A collision inbetween two stars results in destruction of physics.

And a couple too many collisions of small bodies into a huge body erases a heck load of objects.

C7:
This is part of the known issues with collisions. Fragments are not properly spawning and can have incorrect / invalid masses.

pac0master:
It seems to be only an issue since the alpha 8 though, I never had problem with it before.

gabriel.dac:

--- Quote from: C7 on August 19, 2014, 11:22:34 AM ---This is part of the known issues with collisions. Fragments are not properly spawning and can have incorrect / invalid masses.

--- End quote ---

and can spawn from the wrong object. I mean, when you launch an asteroid against Earth, Earth fragments appear

Xriqxa:
Er, yeah. When an asteroid collides with a planet IRL most of the fragments are probably from the planet. Doesn't matter for me. Hopefully, like you said, US2 will fix itself for me in the next update which will have better collisions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version