Universe Sandbox > Universe Sandbox ² | Support & Bugs

*BUG* Windows7/OpenCL? Can't add planets/Moons on initial solar system sim

(1/2) > >>

Brentus:
On Windows 7, after opening US2 (from Steam). 
  Select + add
  Then try to add any planet or moon (except Deimos) and nothing displays.

However, if you select the Moon Deimos, that will appear.
   Sometimes, if you select any Moon after Deimos, it will be entered as Deimos.  This is not consistent.

This does NOT happen on Window's 8.1 (works fine on 8.1)

Mrclimix:
Try re-installing it i read your output log and it says that it couldn't load the mono files in the universe sandbox data im not a developer but give it a try

Brentus:
Tried re-installing.  The same inability to add planets/moons (except Deimos) still happens. 
The logfile still has the message: Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Universe Sandbox 2/Universe Sandbox_Data/Mono/libOpenCL.dll

However, it should be noted, that I am able to add planets/moons successfully in
Home->New->Simulation and other solar system sim's like "Random Solar System"

This bug seems to be limited to our Solar System Sims (like the initial one and "Solar System|all planets all moons"  In the latter, I can't even add Deimos).  Though I haven't tested exhaustively yet.

It still might be an  installation issue, but not something that can be corrected by reinstallation.
Though, thanks for suggesting the reinstallation, it's always worth a try.

Mrclimix:

--- Quote from: Brentus on August 15, 2014, 10:08:34 PM ---Tried re-installing.  The same inability to add planets/moons (except Deimos) still happens. 
The logfile still has the message: Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Universe Sandbox 2/Universe Sandbox_Data/Mono/libOpenCL.dll

However, it should be noted, that I am able to add planets/moons successfully in
Home->New->Simulation and other solar system sim's like "Random Solar System"

This bug seems to be limited to our Solar System Sims (like the initial one and "Solar System|all planets all moons"  In the latter, I can't even add Deimos).  Though I haven't tested exhaustively yet.

It still might be an  installation issue, but not something that can be corrected by reinstallation.
Though, thanks for suggesting the reinstallation, it's always worth a try.

--- End quote ---

I think the only solution for this problem is to wait for the next update like 8.4 maybe it would be fixed

C7:
Really does appear to be an installation or permissions issue when attempting to load the files.

Try running the game as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking the executable and selecting "run as administrator"

Alternatively, try to verify the game cache, and see if that helps at all.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version