Universe Sandbox Legacy > Universe Sandbox 2010 Beta | Discussion

New Tutorial in Beta 5

(1/3) > >>

Dan Dixon:
The latest beta release (Beta 5) includes a new tutorial system.

The tutorial is a first draft and shows how the tutorial system will work.

We plan on updating all the "Fun Things to Do" to the new tutorial format.

- What else should the basic, intro tutorial explain?
- What other topics would you like to see covered?
- What suggestions do you have to make the tutorial flow or the tutorial system better?

Bla:
Now I've tried the tutorial. I Think it's very good, easy and fast. I like the highlighting thing, but on the other side, as soon as I saw it I had to force myself to read the text before interacting at the highlight. I don't Know if that's good, doesn't matter or bad, but I guess it's up to the people themselves.

I Think to make people Think a little more about what they do, maybe adding a slight delay after you complete a lesson etc. could make people not just jump to the next task and perhaps forget the previous one.

In the basic tutorial, I Think creating an object should be covered too. Maybe it should also get people to see a galaxy, and then they were guided to create another one and watch them collide.
Maybe also adding a ring around an object?

Chaotic Cow:
I like the tutorial.

I think the highlight effect is ugly. I would choose something like bouncing arrows.

I think the tutorial part that you read on the top should be a little more noticeable but it isn't bad really.

The delay idea from Bla I like. It felt almost too fast for me even.

Dan Dixon:
Thank you both.

Critical and specific feedback is great and very helpful.

deoxy99:
Most of it's fine, but where is the tutorial steps teaching you about gravity constant's or time step or even what everything means in the planet settings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version