Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox 2 Black Holes  (Read 7831 times)

InfoBloe

• =]
Universe Sandbox 2 Black Holes
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:03:48 AM »
Im curious to seewhat the balck holes look like in Universe Sandbox 2.
Is it the same or are they actually black holes that look and act with matter around them accuratley like a real BH.
I have no problem with it im just curious. ???

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Universe Sandbox 2 Black Holes
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 07:06:29 AM »
In Universe Sandbox, matter isn't simulated as single particles, but "only" as bodies with different mass, so a black hole will probably interact the same way as a planet or a star would, it's only the mass of the object that makes the difference.

I don't know how it's going to look with the new glowing stars though.

InfoBloe

• =]
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
Yeah, if anyone reads this who has Universe Sandbox 2 could send me a pic of the black holes or anything that would be great!

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:35:21 AM »
Yeah, if anyone reads this who has Universe Sandbox 2 could send me a pic of the black holes or anything that would be great!

Actually, no one has US2 except Dan. However, Beta Members (like me) have Beta US 2. We will have US 2 Beta 2.

InfoBloe

• =]
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »

Actually, no one has US2 except Dan. However, Beta Members (like me) have Beta US 2. We will have US 2 Beta 2.
Ah doh! Thats what i mean, US2 Beta.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
I don't think Dan has allowed us to release screenshots from the beta. I think he wants people to wait until the final release, except the pictures he's uploading himself.
People trying early prototypes, alphas and betas often get disappointed by how they look, because they have trouble understanding that it's not the final program, so many developers wait until the final release before they make it public.