Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: LGBT Topic  (Read 85467 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: LGBT Topic
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
What a horrible place this world is.
Very.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2012, 03:46:09 AM »
focus on the positive things
But there are no positive things.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
oshit

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
But there are no very few positive things.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2012, 03:02:44 AM »

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:59:14 PM by atomic7732 »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
A letter someone wrote to his son when he came out as gay:

“James: This is a difficult but necessary letter to write. I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past.
Don’t expect any further conversations with me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house.
You’ve made your choice though wrong it may be. God did not intend for this unnatural lifestyle.
If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand.
Have a good birthday and good life. No present exchanges will be accepted.
Goodbye, Dad.”

5 years on and I am still doing fine, though this letter saunters into my mind every once in a while. When it does, I say without hesitation: Fuck you, Dad.

"This biological parent is most assuredly not a father."
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/08/07/gay-man-publishes-fathers-letter-disowning-him/

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/08/09/i-would-just-like-to-say-to-my-kids/

It was shellfish, right? He ate shellfish in front of his father.

The son is still the better man… if this letter had come to me, and if I had decided to share it with the internet, I would have written my father’s name, so that this letter would show up for anyone googling him.
Sadly, this would probably reveal his own name as well, but otherwise, well deserved.

How sad that such people can actually become parents.

What the best response would be, I think: All the other family members should write a similar letter to the parent who did something like this, so it would become isolated from it. It should get its own hate back times ten.
But I guess most family members wouldn't do that, sadly.

Also an interesting blog post.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed/2012/08/09/disgusting/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:30:11 AM by Bla »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2012, 05:26:01 PM »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
lgbtpqagkdke > glow: gay, lesbian, or whatever.

kol.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »

kol, hamster was like "EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" when she saw it

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »
"That was when the Earth wasn't populated" uhh......... Why can't the chart just be honest and say, Adam and Eve never existed...

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »
"That was when the Earth wasn't populated" uhh......... Why can't the chart just be honest and say, Adam and Eve never existed...
Well then it might as well say "the Bible is wrong, contradicts itself, and was written by people" or something similar. Hey, a small step is better than no step, right?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »
Not necessarily, that would be a much bigger step than stating the fact that the entire human population doesn't go back to Adam and Eve. Most christians don't believe in that, afaik, and the catholic church officially doesn't either. It's simply a fact that they didn't exist. Just the genetic implications of two humans populating the planet through generations of incest.... Only to be wiped out in a flood and starting over again... It's so ridiculous and stupid that I think the chart should just direct whoever would literally believe that down to the blue box or something similar, "the part of the human population with functioning brains will advance without you, bye". :P

I mean, the argument rests on a false premise (that Adam and Eve existed). Just tell them their premise is wrong instead of accepting their false premise and make up answers based on that. The chart is dealing with "arguments" after all.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:08:52 AM by Bla »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »
"David Wilson and Julie Goodridge, two of the plaintiffs whose case led to the legalization of marriage equality in Massachusetts, described meeting with Romney to discuss their experiences. According to Wilson, “it was like talking to a robot. No expression, no feeling.” At one point, Romney remarked, “I didn’t know you had families.” Goodridge recalls her final exchange with the governor, which proved to her that he had “no capacity for empathy”:

GOODRIDGE: Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?

ROMNEY: I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years."

not a ton more

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2012, 12:40:34 PM »
The stupidity of some people...... it burns....

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=11093426#p11093426

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2012, 12:43:23 PM »
KOL THAT THREAD

Quote from: Voerdeland";p="11092596
God hates fags! If we legalise gays they will want to legalise pedophilia and zoophilia as well! They're all perverts, you know...

matty406

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2012, 12:52:50 PM »
KOL THAT THREAD

Quote from: Voerdeland";p="11092596
God hates fags! If we legalise gays they will want to legalise pedophilia and zoophilia as well! They're all perverts, you know...

WHY, THIS SLOPE IS OH SO SLIPPERY THEY SHOULD PUT UP SIGNS OR SOMETHING WOOOAAAHHH

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »

^

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
Kolkute story komrade.

Gay Penguins Become Adoptive Parents on Fyn

For some time a pair of king penguins in Odense Zoo has been broody.

Their desire to be parents has been so ardent that during the breeding season this year they began to brood on dead herrings, although they both are both males, according to Anne Høyby from Odense Zoo.

And now it has astonishingly succeded. Not to create a young out of dead herrings, but to give the penguin couple a penguin young which they can take care of.

Whore Among the Penguins

This is how it happened:

Normally king penguins only lay one egg during the breeding season. Among the penguins in the zoo, there was, however, a female penguin which first teamed with one male. While she was with him, she laid an egg, but afterwards she left him and the egg for another male penguin.

While she was with him, she produced another egg, but then left him as well and egg number two.

According to Odense Zoo this was not appropriate for the rejected males, who now stood with eggs but no mate, when king penguins are highly dependent on their mates during incubation.

Brooding With Roll of Fat

King penguins hatch eggs by placing them on their feet, and then put their brooding-roll of fat* over the egg.

They are faithfully following the egg until their mate takes over the duty. Therefore it did not look good for the abandoned males, who stood alone with their eggs.

The keepers therefore made the decision to let the two childless gay penguins, who have been a couple for several years, adopt one egg from one of the two abandoned males.

Got Artificial Eggs

In order to ensure that they could handle the task, they got an artificial egg to practice on. When zookeepers could see that they did the job fine, the penguins got the right egg.

The male penguins handled the task of incubating the egg. The young was born a few weeks ago, and it thrives and grows as it should.

Keepers now know that if they come in a similar situation, then the adoptive parents are ready, they tell from Odense Zoo.

Zoologist Nina Christensen also says that the kid from the other egg also hatched. The rejected father managed to handle the incubation himself.

Among king penguins and other birds, it is common to form pairs for a lifetime. It is also known that females or males pairs with the same sex. Less usual, however, that these breed chicks.

Source: http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2012/10/18/203313.htm

*This may sound ridiculous, but I simply can't find any English translation for it which makes sense. It's a fat blob thing on their stomach I think.

matty406

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
The brooding flap.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
lgbt thread is always bla going off the deep end and wanting to suicide
or
bla complaining about assholes using christianity as an excuse for their homophobia then bla blaming the christianity

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
Might be blubber? Unless that's just in mammals.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »
Epic tr0lling is epic.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
http://xkcd.com/438/ this is relevant to this topic

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:58 PM »

matty406

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
I don't understand why countries hold back on allowing full unhindered rights. You've gotten this far, just go full steam ahead.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
i don't get "marriage prohibited"

does it mean that the states do not recognize same sex marriages done in other states?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
prohibit - Formally forbid a person or group from doing something.

So yes it basically means there's no option to do it. It maybe no be specifically "forbidden" or with consequence but it isn't allowed either.

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2012, 09:59:34 PM »
Yes.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »
"Homosexuality exists in at least 450 species. Homophobia is found only in one. Which seems unnatural now?"

Kol.