Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: LGBT Topic  (Read 85449 times)

FGFG

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
Re: LGBT Topic
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:05 AM »
yeah that's the same with me :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »

Listen to the words. Read the lyrics. Listen when it says (Names called), and google their names. Then you'll know why I posted it here.

A very sad song...

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »
The points are good. I couldn't hear what the names were, though. :( I want to know.
But I guess the whole song has plenty to do with the topic, even without the names.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
Harrisson Chase Brown was one of them that got me to figure out what the whole thing was about. Another one I can hear is Seth Walsh.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:59 AM »
Aha. Didn't find much information about Harrison, but there were some articles about Seth. Thanks.

"Since it was a rumor that went around, everyone thought he was gay." "He started getting teased by the fourth and fifth grade," says Judy Walsh. "By sixth grade, the kids were starting to get mean. By the seventh grade, he was afraid to walk home from school because he was afraid he would get harassed. As he was walking by a classroom, a kid yelled out, 'Queer.' Stuff like that."
The bullying took every form. "It was eye to eye, over the telephone, personal, over the Internet,"

"Several of the kids that we talked to broke down into tears," Jeff Kermode, Tehachapi Police Chief, said. "They had never expected an outcome such as this."

I wonder what they had expected. I have heard about 235 homophobic expressions at high school since October 13 2010. There are only three (including myself) who have not yet made any. That is 2.831 pr. day at school. But how am I going to cooperate with these mindless bigots? They expect me to be social. Idiots. They are the ones who are absolutely the opposite of social: Excluding, egoistic, individualistic elitists. They always hypocritically condemn Danish People's Party for being racist, while spewing out hate themselves.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:22:16 AM by Bla »

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
These... three or four kids in my old school thought I was gay. It was mean. At least I am away from that evil school now. Schools are evil. Now online schools? I like those kind of schools.

More of deoxy99's Rants and Ramblings at deoxy99rambles.com. :P

Oh no, I'm like Notch now! :P

Chaotic Cow

• President of Bovine Relations
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »
I don't mind it. I've know homosexuals and I have been friends with them.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
That's good to hear read. :)
It's always nice knowing that people are accepting of it. I often think about what people I know who know it think about it, and it's very annoying.

SuperNova

• ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
It's always nice knowing that people are accepting of it. I often think about what people I know who know it think about it, and it's very annoying.
Bla, Promise me that you'll never commit suicide becuase of what people think of you.
Your amazing, and it doesn't mind what people think, but what you think of yourself.  :)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
Bla, Promise me that you'll never commit suicide becuase of what people think of you.
Your amazing, and it doesn't mind what people think, but what you think of yourself.  :)
Thanks. :) I won't do that. There's too much which needs to be improved and fought for in this world for me to just leave it, and too many scientific and technological advancements which I need to see. It would be awful to waste the only life I'll ever get.
Thanks for all your support, users of the forum. :)

And good to see you back on the forum. :)

These... three or four kids in my old school thought I was gay. It was mean. At least I am away from that evil school now. Schools are evil. Now online schools? I like those kind of schools.

More of deoxy99's Rants and Ramblings at deoxy99rambles.com. :P

Oh no, I'm like Notch now! :P
Notch is Notch.

Would online schools be a good substitute for normal schools... I've considered that a lot. I've also wished I wouldn't have to school and that I could just get the lessons on the computer, etc. I think one of the important things of the school is to meet people who are different from you, so you learn that the stereotypes ignorant people reinforce are not true.
But you could also meet those people on the internet. There's no guarantee that you'll meet them at school, and obviously people can be horrible towards each other and other people at school also. I've never met another gay. Or rather, I've statistically met many, but not known they were.
But school probably resembles the work environment we have in our current societies more than the internet, and that's mostly what the school is preparing people for. We could also change the work environment. I'm not sure it would be more productive. But there isn't much focus on overall efficiency and productivity in our societies, either, in my opinion.
And certainly the greatest focus of any society should be on creating the highest amount of happiness possible?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:53:31 PM by Bla »

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
I don't like the ideology of being gay, it just bothers me.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
I think one of the important things of the school is to meet people who are different from you, so you learn that the stereotypes ignorant people reinforce are not true.
Rubbish. No one these days learns anything anymore. Most of them are ignorant idiots who can't understand any common logic. After I've read "Garden of Rama" and listened to some of the songs on Endgame... I have very little hope that humanity will ever overcome the fact that education or enlightenment (spiritual people ftw) cannot overcome greediness and selfishness. I've begun to not care anymore. If it doesn't somehow involve me, my family, or friends... I don't care what happens.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
No one? Not including me?  >:(

And I think you have just been brainwashed.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »
I don't like the ideology of being gay, it just bothers me.
But it's not an ideology. It is simply liking men/guys instead of women/girls, and it's nothing people can change anyways.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:37:37 PM by Bla »

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
Liking? I thought it was loving... hmm... strange.

Well, I guess in the context that you wrote it... you mean "loving" or something like that...

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
No one? Not including me?  >:(

That's not the point.

As a matter of fact... Use common sense to determine that in that context "No one" means "most people", suported by the fact that the next sentence says "Most people"

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
After I've read "Garden of Rama" and listened to some of the songs on Endgame... I have very little hope that humanity will ever overcome the fact that education or enlightenment (spiritual people ftw) cannot overcome greediness and selfishness.

Words signifying that you have been brainwashed.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
Yes deoxy99, that's what I meant. What's wrong with it? People can't change it.

Rubbish. No one these days learns anything anymore. Most of them are ignorant idiots who can't understand any common logic.
Agreed.
But what do you mean by "anymore"? Why are you glorifying the past?
After I've read "Garden of Rama" and listened to some of the songs on Endgame... I have very little hope that humanity will ever overcome the fact that education or enlightenment (spiritual people ftw) cannot overcome greediness and selfishness.
Well... The Capitalist society relies on greed and selfishness. And what do you mean by spiritual people getting enlightment?
I've begun to not care anymore. If it doesn't somehow involve me, my family, or friends... I don't care what happens.
Isn't that exactly what you just condemned?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
@ both of you

It's partly a quote from "Garden of Rama", I'm including the fact that if other people believe something, allow them. Don't force your opinions on them.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »

That's not the point.

As a matter of fact... Use common sense to determine that in that context "No one" means "most people", suported by the fact that the next sentence says "Most people"
Umm, no. According to me, "no one" means no person who ever existed, who is existing now, and who will exist.

Most people means a big chunk of people who ever existed, who is existing now, and who will exist.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
@ both of you

It's partly a quote from "Garden of Rama", I'm including the fact that if other people believe something, allow them. Don't force your opinions on them.
Umm... you are brainwashed... :o

Or not? Yes, that actually is a good thing to do. Unless someone believes something outrageously dumb.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »

That's not the point.

Umm, no. According to me, "no one" means no person who ever existed, who is existing now, and who will exist.

Most people means a big chunk of people who ever existed, who is existing now, and who will exist.
You don't have to be literal all the time. It's not good for you.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
NeutronStar, read the "[You] are brainwashed..." post again. I edited it.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
I like being literal. There is nothing wrong with it.

NeutronStar, I am a perfectionist. I like things to be perfect. However, I do not care if it is not correct. I want it to be correct, but I do not need it to be correct. (This excludes grammar.)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »
@ both of you

I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone. But I do not show any respect for ideologies (like Christianity) which order me killed for ridiculous things. What offers no respect, deserves none.
People can believe what they want. Most Christians don't believe in half of the Bible either, in fact, many people in my country call themselves "Christians", but when asked, it always boils down to some fuzzy "good message" they picked out among all the hate in a book about a god creating faulty people, miserably failing at correcting the mistakes while killing thousands if not millions of people, then changing personality completely (as if an omniscient being didn't know what was right and wrong), then sending himself down to Earth, sacrificing himself to himself and forgiving everyone who accept his ridiculousness.
Sorry, but I don't have respect for these ideas. I have respect for people, not ideas. If anyone's offended, they can be, and there's no right not to be. I am deeply offended by these ideas in the first place. So what? That's why I argue against them, and don't try to ban people for critizising them.

But I'm not intending to force my opinions on others. I am very much intending to show good arguments which can convince other people to agree with me, though, and I am not the slightest ashamed of that.

deoxy99

• 💜 color me happy 💜
    • It's Something
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »
Yes, I do not show respect to Christians that are mean to others and push the ideology down your throat (yes, I used an idiom, I do not care).

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone.
No one was. I'm saying that as part of the thing. If you don't respect the fact that they have a ceratin ideology or w/e, you stil shouldn't force your opinions on them.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
And I can agree with that. :)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
How come it seems like there are never any females that are homosexual?
Or is it just because they are more nervous to admit it?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
Sign a petition to stop Uganda's plans to implement death penalty for gays here.

How come it seems like there are never any females that are homosexual?
Or is it just because they are more nervous to admit it?
I'm not sure what you mean.
There are about as many females as males who are it, maybe a little less. Is it because you see more gays in the media (like news etc.) than lesbians (females)?
The media is usually biased and wants to forward a particular view on gays/lesbians, and it also has to earn money. Therefore they rarely focus their attention on the normal gays, because more people want to watch their news when they have something different. And thanks to that, a completely wrong image of some people is spread.
This doesn't apply to all news channels, of course. The liberal ones in USA are often positive.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:00:28 AM by Bla »