Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problems of Universe Sandbox  (Read 10688 times)

v.vsokubenko

• I like Unity engine, screensavers and Angry Birds.
Problems of Universe Sandbox
« on: June 18, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
Dear Dan Dixon and Universe Sandbox fans, thank you for my using Universe Sandbox, but I've got a problem.
Today, Universe Sandbox Metacrtitic's User Score had 6,7
23 users from Metacritic site, says about problems with UI (IU), bugs, glitches, need fixes, they should be free etc.
Here's a problem: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/universe-sandbox/user-reviews
Dan Dixon, please improve UI, fix all bugs, glitches and make Universe Sandbox should be free, it is very truly importance.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:23:16 AM by v.vsokubenko »

smjjames

Re: Probelms with Universe Sandbox (VERY TRUE IMPORTANCE)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
Some of the reviewers say developers, so if Ubox2 was made by a team, yeah it would be a bit lacking, but for a program made by one person, it's not bad at all.

Anyways, the UI is being completely redone (and yeah, Ubox2 has a rather complex UI) and Ubox3 is a complete overhaul with a different engine.

However, the reviewers do have a point, people pretty much expect WOW! AWESOME! ZOMGORZ! graphics these days.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »
i know, just redirect that to space engine ;D

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
Making a simulation is hard... Making great graphics is hard... Making a simulation with great graphics is really hard.

v.vsokubenko

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 02:54:34 AM »
Making a simulation is hard... Making great graphics is hard... Making a simulation with great graphics is really hard.
Yes, but you must fix all bugs, glitches and crashes, before user reviews and critics writes you.

And here's one problem. Someguy123 said:
This simulator is pretty bad. It really should be free. Charging money for it is just insulting and a rip off. If it were free it would be ok. Its is plague with numerous bugs and crashes constantly. The graphics are bad. Everything rotates way too fast. Some galaxies when you zoom to them are just one star, pretty lazy. You can destroy a planet, but when you do this it completely disregards the laws of gravity. It basically just rolls away. Mars doesn't even have moons in this simulator. its not very realistic at all and its the worst $10 I've spent in a long while. It would be nice to have a refund, but oh well. Again this should be available for free. The creator this simulator should be sued.

Please, make Universe Sandbox should be free and this is not a joke (and yes, this is very truly importance)

And please, make Universe Sandbox for low graphics.

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:19:52 AM »
Well, he is working on Ubox 3 currently. He already released Ubox 2... Why improve this version when he is going to release a way better one?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:30:16 PM by Dan Dixon »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »
Please, make Universe Sandbox should be free and this is not a joke (and yes, this is very truly importance)

Thanks for the feedback. It is free for schools but if I gave it away for free, how would I be able to make my living and continue to work on the new version full time (and pay the team that's working on it with me)?

And while I agree that Universe Sandbox in nowhere near perfect, Someguy123's characterization is not fair or accurate.

v.vsokubenko

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. It is free for schools but if I gave it away for free, how would I be able to make my living and continue to work on the new version full time (and pay the team that's working on it with me)?

And while I agree that Universe Sandbox in nowhere near perfect, Someguy123's characterization is not fair or accurate.
Dear Dan Dixon and US fans, I'm very sorry to your question, but please make Universe Sandbox for low quality and Universe Sandbox should be free, before critics writes you, if not, critics watches and writing that Universe Sandbox is not free. И я очень устал, потому что вы все достали, Дэн Диксон !!! И ВСЁ, Я БОЛЬШЕ НЕ МОГУ ИГРАТЬ С UNIVERSE SANDBOX !!! GOODBYE !!!  >:(

universe

Re: ДОСТАЛИ !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »
wtf why would you even write such a nasty post about universe sandbox I think it is a very good program

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:08 AM »
wtf why would you even write such a nasty post about universe sandbox I think it is a very good program
Because he is vosk.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
un-cyrilliced title: DOSTALI!!!

v.vsokubenko

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 07:42:15 AM »

Dear Dan Dixon and US fans, I'm very sorry to your question, but please make Universe Sandbox for low quality and Universe Sandbox should be free, before critics writes you, if not, critics watches and writing that Universe Sandbox is not free. И я очень устал, потому что вы все достали, Дэн Диксон !!! И ВСЁ, Я БОЛЬШЕ НЕ МОГУ ИГРАТЬ С UNIVERSE SANDBOX !!! GOODBYE !!!  >:(
But, I like Unity game engine, Universe Sandbox 3, Eyes on the Exoplanets, Eyes on the Solar System, closed source OS (Windows), free games and offline games.
Because:

First problem: TrueVision3D is a one of worst game engine technology, which they are using inaccurate simulation, creating bugs etc.
Solution: Unity is a one of best game engine, which they are using accurate simulation, fixing bugs etc.

Second problem: Open-source OS (Linux) may possible to hacking (hack free) or infect using computer viruses (virus free).
Solution: Leave Windows 7 or newer version of Windows and leave your antivirus software, because end of support is longer than Linux.

Third problem: Paid programmes and games are worst than free, because critics has been writed about "they should be free".
Solution: Use free programmes and games, because is better than paid.

Fourth problem: Online games may possible are slowing down (Server) (Too much ping's ms = slowing down) (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes) and they cannot to login (SimCity).
Solution: Play your game only offline mode only.

smjjames

Re: Problems of Universe Sandbox
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »

*quote pyramid snip*

But, I like Unity game engine, Universe Sandbox 3, Eyes on the Exoplanets, Eyes on the Solar System, closed source OS (Windows), free games and offline games.
Because:

First problem: TrueVision3D is a one of worst game engine technology, which they are using inaccurate simulation, creating bugs etc.
Solution: Unity is a one of best game engine, which they are using accurate simulation, fixing bugs etc.

Second problem: Open-source OS (Linux) may possible to hacking (hack free) or infect using computer viruses (virus free).
Solution: Leave Windows 7 or newer version of Windows and leave your antivirus software, because end of support is longer than Linux.

Third problem: Paid programmes and games are worst than free, because critics has been writed about "they should be free".

Fourth problem: Online games may possible are slowing down (Server) (Too much ping's ms = slowing down) (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes) and they cannot to login (SimCity).

Who are you even replying to? Yourself? heh.

1. I think we can all agree that the engine Ubox2 uses isn't all that great.

2. Huh? Are you trying to order everybody to use Linux, also you just said it linuxes get viruses, yet you ask people to abandon antivirus? You're making no sense, as usual.

3. A free game can still be very low quality, free does not neccesarily ensure quality, nor does paid. There are great free games AND horrible free games.

4. You don't need to be online to play Ubox, but yeah, if you buy it on steam, you have to be online, so you have a point as far as steam version.

v.vsokubenko

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »

*quote pyramid snip*

Because:

Who are you even replying to? Yourself? heh.

1. I think we can all agree that the engine Ubox2 uses isn't all that great.

2. Huh? Are you trying to order everybody to use Linux, also you just said it linuxes get viruses, yet you ask people to abandon antivirus? You're making no sense, as usual.

3. A free game can still be very low quality, free does not neccesarily ensure quality, nor does paid. There are great free games AND horrible free games.

4. You don't need to be online to play Ubox, but yeah, if you buy it on steam, you have to be online, so you have a point as far as steam version.

2. I'm not using Linux forever, because my mother and father disagreed using Linux.

4. I don't use Steam forever, because is a s**t platform, which are buying or downloading stupid and failed games.

smjjames

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »
All I said on the fourth one is that you have a point as far as enabling offline play if something like Steam forces it.

v.vsokubenko

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
All I said on the fourth one is that you have a point as far as enabling offline play if something like Steam forces it.
I'm said about my last message: I don't using Linux and Steam, because this is s**t.
*THREAD CLOSED*