Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Simple Question about Version 3  (Read 3385 times)

karakris

Simple Question about Version 3
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
A Simple Question about Version 3 of Universe Sandbox.

I have been looking at Fractal Terrains 3.
This looks absolutely Awesome !!

I KNOW it has nothing to do with the Developers of Universe Sandbox V 2 and V 3.

However - Fractal Terrains 3 seems to be Exactly what I REALLY want - to generate Planets with surface Features which have the kind of looks I want, and the degree of "User Control" I need.
This Software SEEMS to be the Answer to Creating Planetary Surfaces under control of the "User".
It also Interfaces with a Cartography Tool, enabling Maps to be Drawn as well, via the Campaign Package.

It will export the Plantary Surface Files in several different Formats, including .png

So - the Question is simply this - will the Version 3 of Universe Sandbox be able to use these Files from Fractal Terrains 3 ???
Any Comments ??

universe

Re: Simple Question about Version 3
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:00:36 PM »
not sure....... I will have to ask dan see what he thinks about the program

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 05:46:04 PM »
A Simple Question about Version 3 of Universe Sandbox.

I have been looking at Fractal Terrains 3.
This looks absolutely Awesome !!

I KNOW it has nothing to do with the Developers of Universe Sandbox V 2 and V 3.

However - Fractal Terrains 3 seems to be Exactly what I REALLY want - to generate Planets with surface Features which have the kind of looks I want, and the degree of "User Control" I need.
This Software SEEMS to be the Answer to Creating Planetary Surfaces under control of the "User".
It also Interfaces with a Cartography Tool, enabling Maps to be Drawn as well, via the Campaign Package.

It will export the Plantary Surface Files in several different Formats, including .png

So - the Question is simply this - will the Version 3 of Universe Sandbox be able to use these Files from Fractal Terrains 3 ???
Any Comments ??

Well, we can currently use pngs as textures for planets in V2, so I think that we probably will be able to do it in V3 too.. :)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »
What you need to do is to screenshot the map in FT3 and make a texture from it.