Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: (USF Map) Univision Song Contest - Interest?  (Read 15536 times)

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
(USF Map) Univision Song Contest - Interest?
« on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
Music is the one thing which can bring people together. This could be an interesting way to represent the forum in a more unified way.Talk about a Univision starting between countries on the USF map have been around for a while, and I've finally been less lazy to do this. :P You could use this to represent the kind of music you'd think your country would have, or you could do something you think is popular.  Anyways, right now I'm just curious if anyone is interested in doing this. It'd be in Eurovision style, countries send in entries. Depending on the interest, I'll allow multiple entries per person.

To add more of something to this thread, here are the basics of the rules I am thinking. Tell me if you want something changed.

Rules:
Songs:
- Must be maximum of roughly 5 minutes of length.
- While I will allow some joke entries, anything obscene, inappropriate, strong political messages (national anthem) and any memes will not be allowed. At least try to keep it serious. :P
- I will need a Youtube video of a studio version of every song entered. I will allow music videos and lyric videos for this.
- You can use any Youtube video of the song for the actual competition. This includes live performances.
- There is no limit on the year, the artist or the language the song was released in. Lyrics are not necessary.
- Must not have been used in this contest before (doesn't apply for now I guess :P )

Countries:
- Depends on interest, but I will likely only allow one country to enter per person, multiple entries from a single country.
- Country must be on the Official USF map (this one).

Voting
- In order to minimize political voting, I'll probably introduce some "jury" members to vote. They will not know of the countries its from, they will vote merely on their taste. They will have the same voting power as each country/person who entered.
- Every country/jury member will vote in the Eurovision format of 12, 10 and 8-1 points for their top 10 (if we get enough interest).
- You cannot vote for your own entries.
- The song with the highest amount of points wins!

I encourage everyone to enter! This is a great opportunity to show off your favourite artist, genre or what you'd think would be the most popular song in your own country.

Do not worry about sending a song yet. I'll finalize the rules based on suggestions from members who want to enter. For now, contacting me on IRC or by posting in this thread will be necessary if you want to join. If you show interest, I'll contact you about any information that comes up in the weeks to come.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:02:36 PM by Yqt1001 »

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Univision Song Contest - Interest?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
no

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: (USF Forum Map) Univision Song Contest - Interest?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:02 PM »
yes i join

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms

tuto99

• Baba Booey
Re: (USF Map) Univision Song Contest - Interest?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
I have a really great song, but it doesn't meet one of the requirements...

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »
btw you do realize that this forum is too small for what you are proposing unless you expand it to more than 1 nation per person

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »
btw you do realize that this forum is too small for what you are proposing unless you expand it to more than 1 nation per person

This is why I said multiple songs per person. :P Mostly because a lot of people only have one nation, so having it multiple nations per person would make it even less entries.

Also, Tuto, I am willing to make exceptions.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

This is why I said multiple songs per person. :P Mostly because a lot of people only have one nation, so having it multiple nations per person would make it even less entries.

Also, Tuto, I am willing to make exceptions.
Alright, thanks.
Also, I'm going to join. This sounds like an exciting thing to do on the Forum.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:32:58 PM by tuto99 »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:04 AM »
I think I would join, but I don't have much of an idea of what I would enter with, I see a problem for countries which highly value their ideology and reject political pluralism (aka. Blaist Blaland and Red Rainbow), so I might enter with something and have it rejected or try to find Idk. I might just vote on other countries' music, but my music taste is probably strange.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 03:36:45 AM »
i'll join

we should still allow memes and stuff though it's funny.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:47:08 AM by vh »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 04:46:25 AM »
is there a tl;dr version
and what we have to make movies with us singing in studios????

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
I think I would join, but I don't have much of an idea of what I would enter with, I see a problem for countries which highly value their ideology and reject political pluralism (aka. Blaist Blaland and Red Rainbow), so I might enter with something and have it rejected or try to find Idk. I might just vote on other countries' music, but my music taste is probably strange.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »

You could enter with some kind of war song. I'll be pretty open when it comes to what can be entered.

i'll join

we should still allow memes and stuff though it's funny.

I'll allow memes to some extent. Though I want it mostly serious. :P

is there a tl;dr version
and what we have to make movies with us singing in studios????

tl;dr - lrn2read

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
With 8 potential people joining (this includes Hell and Bla, who both should join even though they have no idea what to send :P ), here are some changes I am suggesting:

Countries:
Still going to do one country per person.

Songs:
We could either do 1-3 songs per country (12-24 songs), 1 song per country (8 songs), 2 songs per country (16 songs) or 3 songs per country (24 songs). Of course, having a fixed number of entries would be the fairest, however the more songs the better and I doubt most people have enough interest to send multiple songs. No need to force interest.

Voting:
I feel like the top 10 voting (12 points to favourite, 10 points, 8-1 points; 1 point least favourite) won't work. Something more like top 5 (15 points to favourite, 10 points, 8 points, 5 points and 3 points) might work better.

On average, a Eurovision winner gets 60% of allocated maximum points (12 points), so the more points given, generally the harder it is for there to be a false result.

Also thinking about ditching the jury system all together. Probably not enough people who would be interested in it. :P

------
All very technical nonsense stuff above. Would you rather submit 1 song, 2 songs or 3 songs or would you rather have the option of sending 1-3 songs? Would you rather rank a top 10 or a top 5 in order to allocate points?

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 04:20:59 PM »
Sending 1-3 songs is ok with me, if it is important enough for you to win you could probably take time to find 2 more.

I would rank a top 5 I think.

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
I don't get how voting is supposed to work.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
I don't get how voting is supposed to work.

You listen to all of the songs, devise a top 10 or top 5 ranking (depends on what people think). You give the maximum points to your favourite and the least amount of points to your least favourite. The points are added up for every song, the song with the highest amount of points wins!

I'd accept a ranking of 1 to 5 (or 10) (1 being your favourite) and I'll convert it to points. :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:01:28 PM by Yqt1001 »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
but 1/10 is least points and 5/10 is most points???

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 05:02:10 PM »
but 1/10 is least points and 5/10 is most points???

No, I haven't made up the points yet, that is the whole point of asking if you want to rank a top 5 or top 10. You aren't in this though, so I can't say your opinion matters.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
why arn't i in this

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 05:58:29 PM »
why arn't i in this

You never confirmed any interest.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
ok. and by when do you have to enter the songs?

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
ok. and by when do you have to enter the songs?

I haven't yet gotten to actually officially starting the contest. :P

swonx

• vore me donald
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »
may join- maybe
maybe not
anyway electrical storm, probably should turn off PC

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 04:53:28 AM »
all storms are electrical

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 05:10:55 AM »
no

a large majority of rain in temperate and polar regions is not in the form of thunderstorms

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
Uhh.. theres a problem in dah jury..
They shouldn't know who owns which song, right? I mean, to they keep their votes fair and without influence and stuff

I figured that it problably will NOT work, because some will be very easy to recognize.. Like, for example.. What if I send a brazilian song, or Bla send a Danish one, or Kip send a very militaristic thingy?

And I wanted to send br songs, cuz I like them :c

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
Uhh.. theres a problem in dah jury..
They shouldn't know who owns which song, right? I mean, to they keep their votes fair and without influence and stuff

I figured that it problably will NOT work, because some will be very easy to recognize.. Like, for example.. What if I send a brazilian song, or Bla send a Danish one, or Kip send a very militaristic thingy?

And I wanted to send br songs, cuz I like them :c

Well, the jury probably would be people like TMC or irl friends of mine who have no clue to the workings of usf. However I'm thinking of ditching the jury idea all together. :P

If the most popular member wins and this degenerates into a popularity contest, the idea will be back if we ever do a second edition.