Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some Suggested Updates  (Read 4138 times)

dreaddraco2

• For a star, suicide is cool.
Some Suggested Updates
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »
It would be a great addition if you could add:
Magnetism

Changeable meshes (You can change object's meshes by loading a mesh then the object takes that form)

Coding Access- we can create codes that can change what objects do, e.g. we could make them follow a pathway if you had coding access (we could also do loads more),

And to be able to change what a object is made of. (Elements, e.g. you can do "74% Iron, 23% Hydrogen, 3% Oxygen" and objects have different reactions, depending on what elements they're made of.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Some Suggested Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
I like the what they are made of. That would change density. What do you mean by meshes?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Some Suggested Updates
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
Meshes are the 3D models that make up an object. For planets and moons the mesh is a sphere.

I'm loading different meshes for the bowling ball and the dice, but there's no way for the user to load anything else. This kind of customization is on the list of things to do (but won't happen until after the UI update).

Coding access or scripting could also be very powerful but there's lots of other things to do first.

And specifying an object's material type is very interesting and could be awesome. I love the idea.

Too many ideas... Not enough time. :)