Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: omg i hate thinking about this  (Read 19056 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
omg i hate thinking about this
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
I hate thinking about death because you won't exist as an organism anymore, you won't have thoughts or memories or awareness you will literally experience nothing so you won't experience the passage of time it will be exactly like before you were born nothingness and billions of years will pass that you never will experience and its this horrible feeling I get when I think about it... and when I think about how to avoid it... it comes to the fact that the universe will end, in whatever way and omg its scary I hate it

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: omg i hate thinking about this
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »
this is why only 12% of the world population is irreligious

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
staph

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »
I think the process of dying is worse than being dead. I don't see much reason to fear being dead, but dying could be unpleasant. Being dead is just "nothingness", the lack of all potential positive and negative feelings you could have had, but not a negative feeling in itself like dying could be.

This from an isolated, egocentric rather than utilitarian perspective.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »
I hate thinking about death because you won't exist as an organism anymore, you won't have thoughts or memories or awareness you will literally experience nothing so you won't experience the passage of time it will be exactly like before you were born nothingness and billions of years will pass that you never will experience and its this horrible feeling I get when I think about it... and when I think about how to avoid it... it comes to the fact that the universe will end, in whatever way and omg its scary I hate it

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '102736'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:54:17 AM by FiahOwl »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 05:33:28 AM »
Honestly why is everyone so worried? It's not like the world will fail without you. Einstein, the wright brothers, Roosevelt, they all died and the world carried on. I'm not afraid of death as long as I make an impact to the world, whether it's inventing a new type of toast or changing physics. It's not like you're going to live forever anyways, you have to leave something for the next generation to accomplish.
Pff, like one of is going to make something like Einstein made (who the fuck is the 'wright brothers'?).
Face it, the max impact that you will made to the world will affect only your parents, and some friends.

Anyway, I dont give a fuck about the real world. If I had the choice to live forever in exchange for destroying the world, I would not think twice.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »
how do you not know who the wright brothers are

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »
this is why only 12% of the world population is irreligious
no even when i was 'religious' heaven seemed to be the same way... you existed forever in some other state... until the universe effectively died

Honestly why is everyone so worried? It's not like the world will fail without you. Einstein, the wright brothers, Roosevelt, they all died and the world carried on. I'm not afraid of death as long as I make an impact to the world, whether it's inventing a new type of toast or changing physics. It's not like you're going to live forever anyways, you have to leave something for the next generation to accomplish.
because i can't experience anything ever again, i can't even think back on my experiences in my life, i will have no sensory input because i will not be

everything i have ever known will be lost forever
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:35:31 AM by atomic7732 »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
how do you not know who the wright brothers are
I have NEVER heard about them =P

Hm, they're owners/creators of some kind of thing like Disney (I mean, film and this kind of stuff?)?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
the created the first air planes hellpotatoe!!!

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »
oh and atomic, here's some advise: stop thinking about it

this is how peeps get depressed and have a fail life

matty406

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 06:52:05 AM »
Yeah this is a thing i think about too.
We cannot comprehend not existing, because we've only ever known what it's like to exist. We tend to think of ourselves as a consciousness or soul piloting a body when we are actually just a body with the means to know it exists and think about it.
With the pilot way of thinking we can come to the conclusion that we'll just float away and reform somewhere else, but because we as a consciousness is the construct for what your senses and thoughts make of the world, then it just looks like we go, disappear, shuffle off this mortal coil.

What happens after death is a mystery and I do have this weird sense of exite and discovery hidden beneath all the worry of death, because even though I'll die, I'll be answering the biggest question ever asked by humanity.
I'll just never be able to tell anyone.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:18 AM »
There is nothing after death. No, there is no haven or hell, or any type of underworld. It would just be to perfect to be, and nothing is perfect in life or death. Only nothingness. And, once the universe ends, there is no going back, ever.

I still have trouble understanding like, like, how the universe appeared out of nothingness, but that doesn't make any sense, because, like, there is nothing? What? Like, what is there except the universe, and like, what? Ask yourself, why does the universe exists? [wow i spelled it exsist and a spelling correction was sexiest]. Just a dot of nothing, like, before the universe what. There is nothing, but that waht?

After the universe is something unexplained, wait what. I could spent hours pondering who what when why and how the universe is. Like, so many not-possibilities. omg this could liek thake the rest of my life, scoraties come help meee.

matty406

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
This thread

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »
matty that's a website not a picture!!

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
But our senses and thoughts are exactly our body, chemistry... We know how we don't feel pain if we use anaesthetics like benzocaine, lidocaine, morphine etc. because they block the nerve cells from passing on electric signals... proving a 100% correlation between pain and the chemistry of our body.
We know what happens when people get injured, when things destroy the nerval system, brain... There is no logical way anyone can conclude that then if we destroy ourselves completely and die, suddenly it will all start working again magically, we regain consciousness and teleport somewhere else, whether it includes our body or as some mysterious green cloud in the form of a "soul".

I think of what happens after I lose consciousness the same way I think about what happened before I got it. I think that makes it easier to comprehend. It simply doesn't exist, it was constructed in the process of making my body because they are the same thing.

But yes, you might as well try to make the best out of the life we have, it would be stupid not to.
I don't see anything wrong in thinking about it though at all, at least I don't feel depressed by it. I have plenty of other things to get depressed from if I want to.

matty406

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
i wasn't claiming that we have souls, just making the observation that it can feel that way when getting into deep thought about what happens to our conciousness after death.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »
I know, it was more of a response to
What happens after death is a mystery
because I don't agree. :P

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:40 AM »
i don't get depressed about it i just feel helpless and scared especially if i'm thinking about this right before i go to sleep

matty406

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 07:45:13 AM »
THE MIND BOGGLES

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 07:47:42 AM »
i don't get depressed about it i just feel helpless and scared especially if i'm thinking about this right before i go to sleep

paladin of storms do not get scared

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »
the created the first air planes hellpotatoe!!!
WTF
Uhhh... thats not what I heard....
Here we learn that was Santos Dummond....
But.. erm.. uh... ok... I think...

matty406

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
Ah, Santos (who interestingly was Brazilian) rolled out the first dirigible, which uses gas to float, so lighter than air flight. the Wright Brothers pioneered heavier that air flight, which is stuff like planes.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
and now we're back to plastic planes

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »
Ah, Santos (who interestingly was Brazilian) rolled out the first dirigible, which uses gas to float, so lighter than air flight. the Wright Brothers pioneered heavier that air flight, which is stuff like planes.
Hm, interesting
But, again, I never heard about them =P
Maybe is because the education here is lame or something.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:29 AM »
not really they don't really talk about wright brothers, but it's liek in all the kids books!

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 09:08:06 AM »
not really they don't really talk about wright brothers, but it's liek in all the kids books!
Uhhh... nope. Never has seen them on a single book, actually.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
(psy*

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »

I don't fear death or the process of dying. What I fear is I might miss something.

The only reason why I live, sometimes I feel, is just so I can see the future.