Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3  (Read 6579 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Anyone play this game? It seem pretty fun...

(NOTE: Info from wikipedia...)

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is a strategy and simulation game in which players manage all aspects of an amusement park by building or removing rides, scenery and amenities, adjusting the park's finances, hiring staff, and keeping the park visitors, known as "peeps", happy. RollerCoaster Tycoon features two main game modes. The career mode features scenarios where players must accomplish goals, such as impressing a visiting celebrity or attaining a certain park rating. Each scenario has three levels of objectives ranked as Apprentice, Entrepreneur, and Tycoon; the higher the level, the harder the goal to complete. A third of the scenarios are initially playable, with the rest unlocked by completing objectives at each level. The second mode of play is the sandbox mode. Players are given a large, empty plot of land and unlimited funds with which to build their custom parks.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 includes new gameplay features such as the CoasterCam, which allows players to "ride" roller coasters and other rides, and the MixMaster, which allows the player to coordinate firework shows and time them to in-game music. Another new feature is an in-game recorder allowing players to record their parks, rides and more. Unlike the two previous versions of the game, RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, the guests, called "peeps", arrive in groups and show variation in gender and age, including children, teenagers and adults. A day/night cycle changes the demographics of the park's peeps; rides at night appeal to teenagers, while the daytime attracts families with children. Parks now have opening and closing times, and the time of day is displayed. Scenery is divided into themes to customize parks, with western-, spooky-, science fiction- and adventure-themed pieces. Another feature is the ability to import coasters from previous games in the series into RCT3.

The game uses fully 3D graphics instead of the isometric viewpoint of the previous games; players can rotate and zoom the view of the park to any degree. However, there is an option to fix the camera's rotation to 90° angles, as in the previous games.

http://www.atari.com/rollercoastertycoon/

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:18:36 AM »
I played it earlier, right now my com is too slow to play any game where it's enjoyable.
However, I'm considering not to install it again, because it creates some annoying empty folders which I don't want.

But I like the game. :)

SuperNova

• ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:16:55 AM »
i gotz all roller Coaster Tycoons + expansions!! realy, all!

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »
I have platinum.

Bla, I can';t play Battlestations: Pacific, it's so slow (2 fps), that I can't aim at all.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »
I have Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum. Is that what Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
Nope. Unless it's Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »
There is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Wild! and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Soaked!, and I have them all three. :)
(The two last are expansion packs)

I don't know anything about the older games. :P

bessy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »
yer i got them all they a really good if you liked the old 1s and love building things you will love RT3 its not just about roller costers there is tons make your own laser a firework displayes to your own music etc and you can ride all your rides too great fun

also neutronstar i got that battlestations pacific and i get 60 frames a sec and it doesn't do me any good it crashes all the time i cannot complete the first lvl for it lol error program stoped responding its really badly put together