Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Create Planets?  (Read 8890 times)

latota97

Create Planets?
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
Is there any way to create your own planets from scratch, and possibly save them with the rest of the built in planets? Not only planets, but possibly other bodies?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Create Planets?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:05:24 AM »
all objects in the game are essentially just textures wrapped around spheres, basically.

You can control the size of the sphere, its mass, and temperature with the tools in the game.

you can also make a texture, which should be 2:1 aspect ration (twice as wide as it is high), and then move png file to the media folder of the universe sandbox directory

then ingame you can select any object, with the object editing bar, type in the filename of the custom texture, and have it be applied to object. then you have created your own planet, star, comet, or any body you'd like.

latota97

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 06:00:09 AM »
I understand you can do that, but you can't save them. That's what I was trying to get across. Maybe I want to make a planet bigger then Jupiter, but smaller then the sun, and maybe I want to keep it around in case I want to use it again. I know about all that planet edit stuff, but it's only single use. After you mess up that solar system, you can't get it back.

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
No, you cant do that. Sorry.