Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Startup Problem on Steam  (Read 3682 times)

Utopastoo

Startup Problem on Steam
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
So, I've been having this problem.
I recently bought Universe Sandbox, and since I have a mac, played it in a Windows 7 Virtual Machine.
It started up just fine.
But this was the first time I tried. I tried the day after and it instantly crashed, and this was a few months ago.
So about 2 days ago I tried again, and it said it had an update. Hoping this would fix it, I updated. Still, it crashed.
I have tried everything from reinstalling .Net 4 to updating DirectX.
I have contacted Dan Dixon, (teh creator of US) and he told me to open up a topic on the "Universe Sandbox 2 Help" thread, because he had no clue what was going on, so here I am.

Until I find a solution, I'll just have to play the (awesome) RScience Mod for Powder Toy and make little Graviton Planets.
Thank you for your time,
    Utopastoo.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Startup Problem on Steam
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
Having never tested this myself, I really don't know why it would work the first time and not the second.

Can you try a "fresh" virtual machine of Windows 7 and see if that works (since it worked the 1st time)?

Utopastoo

Re: Startup Problem on Steam
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »
Having never tested this myself, I really don't know why it would work the first time and not the second.

Can you try a "fresh" virtual machine of Windows 7 and see if that works (since it worked the 1st time)?
Sure, I'll try