Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox Beta Release Plan  (Read 69793 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Universe Sandbox 3 Beta Release Plan
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »
well, in practice, the null energy field should make the cosmological constant larger than it should be because energy is mass and the energy field is a lot of mass which means the universe is denser [1], it just happens that something else cancels it out. The only way you could simulate this is if you also implemented the growth and shrinkage of the universe, and even in that case, it would probably be easier to have a slider to change the cosmological constant rather than the amount of ZPE (zero point energy).

Arnstein

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
I really hope I get in the beta :)

Hosso

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Hi Dan, hi guys. I really appreciate the hard work and effort you've put on that magnificent project, Dan, but I'm new here and I was wondering if there would be rules for who will be able to play the beta? will I be able to?

Unreal2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »
I was wondering if there would be rules for who will be able to play the beta?

Just keep in mind that "playing" the Beta is not all fun and games, you have to report bugs, try to break the program to make it not work, record your actions for a report and just try and make things go wrong.  When people just want to get into an Alpha or Beta so they can "play" it before anyone else without contributing to the development of the program it just slows things down in the end.  If your not willing to put some of your time and energy into developing the game just sit back and wait for the full release ;)

Just my .02

Hosso

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
I actually do realize all of that, I just couldn't think of a better verb to use other than "play". I don't want to test the beta to be able to play it prior to release, I think I'd be honored to contribute in the development of such a great game

Unreal2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »
I actually do realize all of that, I just couldn't think of a better verb to use other than "play". I don't want to test the beta to be able to play it prior to release, I think I'd be honored to contribute in the development of such a great game

Cool!!!  I to have a hard time trying to think of something other than the word play, on one hand its a game you play but on the other its an educational program you use...........

Hosso

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

Cool!!!  I to have a hard time trying to think of something other than the word play, on one hand its a game you play but on the other its an educational program you use...........

that's what makes it so great :D

dechireur77

• Alpha Testers :) (I'm French)(and Serbian)March<3
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2013, 03:06:50 AM »
Sorry for my bad english ^ ^ Logically it will buy the beta steam, is you have to have the game through faith final version released. in my opinion the beta cost about € 20 ($ ...). It will communicate bugs (lag) meet. Development of the game long term.

Swollen_Beef

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 01:48:37 AM »

Just keep in mind that "playing" the Beta is not all fun and games, you have to report bugs, try to break the program to make it not work, record your actions for a report and just try and make things go wrong.  When people just want to get into an Alpha or Beta so they can "play" it before anyone else without contributing to the development of the program it just slows things down in the end.  If your not willing to put some of your time and energy into developing the game just sit back and wait for the full release ;)

Just my .02

This is what has angered me greatly over the past few years. The term "Beta" has been ruined by marketers who have since turned it into a buzz word to get people pony up a few extra dollars via pre-orders and what-not just to play a demo.
a beta is not what it once was. A beta today, it just another word for demo.

unl0cker

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
US3 is currently in Alpha.

Betas are almost good to go software. Like 10.9 Mavericks, that's a beta.

dechireur77

• Alpha Testers :) (I'm French)(and Serbian)March<3
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »
US3 is currently in Alpha.

Betas are almost good to go software. Like 10.9 Mavericks, that's a beta.

We still have to wait another can before the beta Universe Sandbox 3 ;) time passes slowly ^^
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:18:56 AM by dechireur77 »

wierdness101

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
I sure has been a long time to wait... It may be released in the holiday season? That would be a good selling time and they have longer to work on it. It seems they might release it then, I am not sure though. :-\

Sir

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 12:15:13 AM »
So I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to jump into the fray. I am still unclear about how to get the beta. I have the game installed through steam but can't figure out how the beta would made available  :'(

Unreal2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 03:46:31 AM »
So I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to jump into the fray. I am still unclear about how to get the beta. I have the game installed through steam but can't figure out how the beta would made available  :'(

The beta for US3 (or whatever name will be chosen for it) is not out yet so dont worry ;)