Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Univeres Sandbox 3 ever come to Console  (Read 6215 times)

ethan123

Univeres Sandbox 3 ever come to Console
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
Could US 3 ever be on a console e.g. XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE? I think It will be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: Univeres Sandbox 3 ever come to Console
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
good idea, but one thing at a time :)

SupeRobotLazerTiger

• I love the smell of black holes in the mornin'.
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Well, I asked Dan about the possibility of a PS4 release due to its easy x84 set up, and how Sony is giving away dev kits like candy. This was his reply : "What's the possibility of releasing Universe Sandbox 3 on the PS4?-

Given that the new version is being developed in Unity... it's not impossible. The harder problem is designing an interface for the simulation that works exclusively with a game pad. If anyone has thoughts on this I'd love to hear them."

So that's his reply, obviously he needs to create the PC version, if it turns out to be mind bogglingly successful, then he might more heavily consider it, but as of right now I don't "think" he has any plans for it at the moment.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »
We do have simple controller support working in the new version that let's you fly the camera around... that said... it's a long way from that to full controller support.

Coolman1220

• i leik kittez :3
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:46 PM »
Or possibly a Wii U version? I own one, and I would instantly buy one if I saw a copy [of UBOX3 or 4]