Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Upgrades & Updates: The Future of Universe Sandbox  (Read 185030 times)

zed260

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
Re: Upgrades & Updates: The Future of Universe Sandbox
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:04 PM »
i bought version 2 sometime ago i paid 19.95 for it maybe those who paid full price can get 3 free or something
The version 3 WILL COST MONEY. STOP ASKING FOR IT TO BE FREE.
im going to see if i cant pay something like 50 plus dollars "maybe even as high as 70" that be more then triple the sandbox version 2 price and get a contract written up forcing dan to give me all future versions/expansion packs for free and if not honered be forced to refund me the full amount of sucha  contract

where are you getting the quote that it maybe even as high as 70 from?
well dan already said sandbox 3 would be less then 70 dollars "he didnt say exact price im guessing it will probably start at 19.95 maybe more"

but what im offering dan is to pay 70 dollars in exchange he enters a legaly binding contact that would gurentee i dont have to pay for any future versions like 4 or 5 if/when released

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 03:32:21 AM »
Kol, good luck trying this.

Mike1

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
What I would love to see is a big bang simulation or a star formation placing clouds of hydrogen in an area and increasing time to see the star and or its solar system formed!

Also I paid the 10bucks... Best 10 bucks ive spent in a long time ===) And i'd be happy to spend more on updates! Thanks for all the hard work

<---- Electrical Engineer in heaven pun intended
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:46:47 AM by Mike1 »

GrizzleFist

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Although it certainly is the minority, its amazing how people can feel wronged or deserving a free upgrade for a game that they paid less than $5 for. I mean, seriously? They spend that much on bubblegum without even thinking twice about it.  ::)

I really feel bad for you Dan, your obviously a great guy trying to do the right thing to people. The program that you and your team have made so far has brought hours of fun and knowledge to me and for less than 1/10 what most normal games would cost on steam or anywhere else for that matter.

Don't feel too bad about "wronging" people and going back on what you said. If you really feel bad about it, try doing something that wont cost you money but instead actually help make money and make almost everyone else happy at the same time, like giving anyone who purchased US2 the option to get into an early beta by paying the full price early or something like 10% off.

I wish you the best and looking forward for when US3 comes out.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:22:00 PM by GrizzleFist »

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
I honestly had that initial thought too. Im not trying to be insensitive, but if you are a person who can afford expensive things most of the time, then why are you complaining about spending possibly a $20 program in the future?
For other people, they have harder times affording expensive things. Im one of those people, but in my genuine sense I think Dan deserves some sort of payment. So if you can pay, dont complain.
To Dan, Dont take this the wrong way. Not trying to offend anyone, just speaking out my mind.

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »
What I would love to see is a big bang simulation or a star formation placing clouds of hydrogen in an area and increasing time to see the star and or its solar system formed!

Also I paid the 10bucks... Best 10 bucks ive spent in a long time ===) And i'd be happy to spend more on updates! Thanks for all the hard work

<---- Electrical Engineer in heaven pun intended
Oh yeah, they are definitely working on adding accretion in the next version.  :D
Cant wait to get my hands on that.

Mrjbroster

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
Hey Dan would you be able to add modding support such as having the ability to create life (humans or aliens) and adding realistic strategy base to it for example like the game sword of the stars 2 because as soon as i purchase it i would like to be able to create things such as that

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »
this is actually a simulator, marked as a game for marketing purposes

antonio96

• Love ¡¡UNIVERSE SANDBOX!! :D "Granada (SPAIN)"
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
Dan here from Spain waiting Universe Sandbox 3 :)
I hope this now or about to :)
A greeting man :D  ;D

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Dan here from Spain waiting Universe Sandbox 3 :)
I hope this now or about to :)
A greeting man :D  ;D
Don't worry, they'll have it out. :)

antonio96

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
I hope I have wanted to have it now: D

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
You can be in the beta, if you pay for it.

antonio96

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
as i can?

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2013, 07:11:41 AM »
as i can?

He will announce the beta release in the future. Then you can pay and get the beta.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
i think it's more like a sign-up, idk

karakris

Re: How Much Is the New Version of the Universe Worth?
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:49 AM »
As long as its a reasonable price like 15 or 20$ or something, then yeah.

If it were 70 bucks, I'd still buy it, but that's pretty expensive, especially so for the international Ubox fans. Might want to get input from them due to the differences in currency.

Wait, the beta will still be free though, right?

I agree to paying for the Update - but tow Questions.

1) How Much will it be - if you have any idea ??
I could go to say 50 Dollars, but I am on Benefits, so maybe 65 Dollars is getting a bit high for me.

2) I am running everything on my PC in Windows XP, with a Quad Proecessor  - will it still be Compatible with XP ??

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
If you can run ubox 2 you can run the new version

Artos90

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2013, 03:55:44 AM »
i bought US back in 11 when it was on a summer sale on steam. i loved it so much i paid an extra 20 for this so my dad can use it on his. i must say that if i have to pay for it again all i ask is that i can have a moon orbit earth while its orbiting a sun and i will have no complaints :)

Camacha

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
I'm currently considering buying Universe Sandbox, as a somewhat more physics oriented alternative to most space applications (like Kerbal Space Program - which is great fun but not always that accurate). The changes mentioned are influencing my decisions, so I figure I'll tell you what I think about this.

I don't mind paying the Steam price or better yet, paying full price on the website to support the development of this program. It looks like a great program and space simulators are hard to come by, even in the days of the world wide web. I'm not very rich - a student actually - but I'd rather spend some money on supporting a small project like this than on a major AAA title. I also don't mind waiting for improvements and next versions.

I do mind, however, paying full price on version 2 now when version 3 seems to be on the horizon. Paying full price twice in a relatively short time span is just a little too much. I wouldn't mind paying the price of version 3 and getting stuck with version 2 up until then - receiving version 3 upon release - or paying a small amount for version 2 (like 3 or 5 dollars like a lot of folks here) to keep me occupied until version 3 is made public. Paying twice just feels a bit... awkward.

Just my thoughts  :)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:31 AM »
So just wait a few months :)

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
I'm currently considering buying Universe Sandbox, as a somewhat more physics oriented alternative to most space applications (like Kerbal Space Program - which is great fun but not always that accurate). The changes mentioned are influencing my decisions, so I figure I'll tell you what I think about this.

I don't mind paying the Steam price or better yet, paying full price on the website to support the development of this program. It looks like a great program and space simulators are hard to come by, even in the days of the world wide web. I'm not very rich - a student actually - but I'd rather spend some money on supporting a small project like this than on a major AAA title. I also don't mind waiting for improvements and next versions.

I do mind, however, paying full price on version 2 now when version 3 seems to be on the horizon. Paying full price twice in a relatively short time span is just a little too much. I wouldn't mind paying the price of version 3 and getting stuck with version 2 up until then - receiving version 3 upon release - or paying a small amount for version 2 (like 3 or 5 dollars like a lot of folks here) to keep me occupied until version 3 is made public. Paying twice just feels a bit... awkward.

Just my thoughts  :)
There's not a definitive release date for Ubox 3, and if the beta hasn't come out yet, you won't be getting it any time soon.
I don't think Dan should lower the price of Ubox 2. Even if more people could get to buy it, what if the purchases are slightly lower than what it needs to be to meet an equivalent amount of revenue Dan gets for him to pay to his members? (Whoof, what a long sentence)
I wouldn't risk it.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »
"Even if more people could get to buy it, what if the purchases are slightly lower than what it needs to be to meet an equivalent amount of revenue Dan gets for him to pay to his members?"

"(Whoof, what a long sentence)"

It's a run-on, that's why.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
i bought US back in 11 when it was on a summer sale on steam. i loved it so much i paid an extra 20 for this so my dad can use it on his. i must say that if i have to pay for it again all i ask is that i can have a moon orbit earth while its orbiting a sun and i will have no complaints :)

that'll be possible since different objects can be calculated dynamically instead of with a single timestep

Camacha

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
There's not a definitive release date for Ubox 3, and if the beta hasn't come out yet, you won't be getting it any time soon.
I don't think Dan should lower the price of Ubox 2. Even if more people could get to buy it, what if the purchases are slightly lower than what it needs to be to meet an equivalent amount of revenue Dan gets for him to pay to his members? (Whoof, what a long sentence)
I wouldn't risk it.
I was under the (mistaken) impression that the release was much closer than it apparently is. I guess the options in that case are to hold out or to buy twice. Since a more distant release date means more gameplay for the current edition, buying twice starts making more sense.

So just wait a few months :)
What is a couple of months compared to the age of the universe, no? ;)

Kanaev

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
Just bought it. Well, it's a little disappointment.

How much for the v3?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »
I'm sorry you were disappointed (although you only paid $2.50 for it, right?)... What could have been changed or improved so that you wouldn't have been disappointed?

Pricing for the new version has not been determined or announced.

Kanaev

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
I'm sorry you were disappointed (although you only paid $2.50 for it, right?)... What could have been changed or improved so that you wouldn't have been disappointed?

Pricing for the new version has not been determined or announced.

Well, actually it was ~1,3$ (44 rubles / 32 rubles (current dollar exchange rate))
I have not even heard about v3, but even after only 5 mins in game I will definitely buy it. It's just like that - after v3 is out - v2 is no more needed to be here. It's just a dead body in steam library.
No need to be sarcastic, of course ~1,3$ is not a big money to worry about.

Drakes

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
I'm really disappointed. I bought US on Steam today and i wanted to know some news about US. New version looks amazing, but i don't want to buy the same game again. I'm Czech, so I'm sorry for mistakes. :-)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 03:30:49 PM »
The new version is still months from release... turns out making awesome stuff takes a long time. I'm sorry you're disappointed. Did you get it the current version during the Steam sale?

crashman1390

• New years resolution:grow beard, shaved every day.
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 07:27:34 AM »
Quick question, version 3 will have dark matter implemented.... Right?