Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fix for Universe Sandbox starting up off screen?  (Read 4715 times)

Sandboxer

Fix for Universe Sandbox starting up off screen?
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »
Hi Folks,
Just wondered if anyone had a solution to U.S. starting up half off the screen on my PC. Tried "reset to default" and upgrading from 2.1.5 to 2.2.
I would think it's just a matter of deleting a .ini or something similar but the couple I tried didn't work.
Win7 64Bit. 2.1.5 was a new install recently (non Steam).
Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Fix for Universe Sandbox starting up off screen?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
Are you running dual monitors?

Sandboxer

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »
No, no dual monitors.       Only the single built in 1920 x 1080 Asus G73S Laptop screen.
Sorry, my "half off" may have misled you, so to be accurate, the right hand side of the window opens up (every time) about 1" off the right of the screen, and the bottom 1/2" below the screen. The Left and Top are 12" and 7" onto the screen, so it's no problem to drag it back centrally, just a bit puzzling.
I use an excellent window arranging app capable of multiple screens (Gridmove... think Window Snap on steriods) and thought that might be affecting it, but no go.
I then uninstalled U.S., rebooted and reinstalled, but still the same.

The machine is very new, so I think all the graphics drivers are up to date & OK, but I suspect I may find the solution to this very minor thing as I get more familiar with it.

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
I don't know... it's set to center itself of the screen, so I'm not sure why it's not centering itself properly. And this the first report that I've heard of this happening.

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
Maybe that window arrangement application is causing a problem with the Universe Sandbox window. Have you tried un-installing that program to see if it fixes the complication?

Sandboxer

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:39 AM »
Well, it's just an executable that I have linked in the "Startup" folder, so I did try removing it and rebooting, but nothing changed.
Anyway I don't want to bother anyone anymore as it's a very minor thing, although... I wonder... is there a way to have U.S. start Fullscreen?

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »
is there a way to have U.S. start Fullscreen?

No, not in the current version.