Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Astrophysics Major Online?  (Read 2978 times)

Hypernova

Astrophysics Major Online?
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »
   Does anyone know if it is possible to major in astrophysics completely online and get a masters degree (and eventually ph.d)? I know Swinburne in Australia has courses completely online in astronomy and I talked to someone who got their Masters of Astronomy in Astrophysics online there but he said they dont offer an astrophysics course. Is there much difference? So right now Swinburne looks like the only thing I can find, but it's geared for astronomy. Would this be a good choice to do anyway?
   My plan basically is to obtain a B.S. in physics then i want to get a masters degree in astrophysics, but I dont have the money to quit my job and move somewhere, there's few schools in each state that even offer it. Eventually I want to get my Ph.d in astrophysics, but I need to know if all of this will even work out first. The guy I talked to from Swinburne said he's getting his ph.d completely online too, But he seemed like a prick in how he answered my questions so I don't want to ask him any further questions.

Anyways, any information you may have about classes online or astrophysics/astronomy majors and the differences or anything will be helpful! thank you!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:21:52 PM by Hypernova »