Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Stars, Moons, Worlds; And The Great Cosmic Sea! A collaberative timeline.  (Read 1947 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82639'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:55:10 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

I would say throw some sand onto a sheet of paper, make the sand grains stars, and make that the sky.

Of course though, that would work fine for a night sky kind of thing, however, by nearby, how close do you mean, within 100 light years? 30? 10?

In a somewhat more realistic proposal, how about, using SE, choose a random star in a random galaxy somewhere, or if you want to have giant stars, supergiants, etc, choose a random star in the maybe 1,000 parsec region around Sol, open up the universe map and plot the nearby stars.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82648'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:55:07 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
"In a somewhat more realistic proposal, how about, using SE, choose a random star in a random galaxy somewhere, or if you want to have giant stars, supergiants, etc, choose a random star in the maybe 1,000 parsec region around Sol, open up the universe map and plot the nearby stars."

but a star farther away has little chance of being a supergiant too, right? it's just that we see more supergiants because they're bright enough to be seen.

smjjames

I did say random.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
yes but you said chose a random star far from the sun, which implies that stars farther away from the sun are more likely to be supergiants.

smjjames

yes but you said chose a random star far from the sun, which implies that stars farther away from the sun are more likely to be supergiants.

It was bad wording, I meant if you want to have giant stars and/or supergiants as a neghbor, picking a random star in the area where the catalog stars are would give you a higher chance of that than elsewhere. I never tried to imply that a star further away would more likely to be a supergiant.