Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Community USForum Map - Rev #334  (Read 712212 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Community NS Map
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82061'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:57:15 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
National colors seem best?

FiahOwl

« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82064'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:57:12 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
i don't particularly like the national colors, but i don't mind them. we can just have a colored and uncolored version, it's just a matter of 2 minutes to paintbucket everything.

nation-text should be standardized, i hope a bit smaller than the large text fiah had in the second picture. also only one nation-name-label per nation, 'united states of america' isn't writen on alaska and hawaii.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
what are these straight water borders even
curved water borders make no logical sense

Personally I'd be for nation names ofc. Not sure whether we should set rules on the fonts, we could make a poll on that. Ocean borders I'm not sure about either, depends on style. I'd be against writing a description of your nation on the map.
I think:
- Nation names: font chosen by user for their nations
- No ocean borders (the only ocean borders that should be set should be for tropical cyclone forecasting! and for the eastern hemisphere, the Nausikkak Meteorological Collaboration has that covered.)
- No descriptions

Also is kip not like... in the way... ? That's where Nausikkak was, was it not?

i don't know what you mean by where nausikkak was, there have been probably at least 10 so-called 'official maps', just move kallisto over if you want, i didn't have a specified position so i just floated it in the center. keep it slightly north of the equator and pointing in the same direction if at all possible.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
also about the fonts:
1. I don't like the idea of custom fonts, it would make the map look strange/sloppy to me
2. That's no problem, we can just make a version with the custom fonts, and one without
3. text should not obscure or touch the borders of any landmass/area.

how does this sound:
one colored/custom font/colored borders /whatever divisions/whatever you want map.
one map with standard white and blue colors, one font, nation black borders only.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2012, 12:42:13 PM »
Well, we could simply start by making the land, and make the text and borders layers on top of it in a GIMP/xcf file or something. Then we can change versions quickly and don't have to make lots of different versions every time we want to update some borders.

Of course, we can decide the borders roughly before drawing them.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »
i suggest we make the national borders first, and then when it is done, a seperate .png for text and internal borders and whatever else can be made?

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »
Ok, but dont add my kontinnent, i will make this on teh future, after sum alterations.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
i don't particularly like the national colors, but i don't mind them. we can just have a colored and uncolored version, it's just a matter of 2 minutes to paintbucket everything.

nation-text should be standardized, i hope a bit smaller than the large text fiah had in the second picture. also only one nation-name-label per nation, 'united states of america' isn't writen on alaska and hawaii.
agree

Well, we could simply start by making the land, and make the text and borders layers on top of it in a GIMP/xcf file or something. Then we can change versions quickly and don't have to make lots of different versions every time we want to update some borders.

yes anyone who disagrees with this idea is extremely illogical

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
yes mudkipz is in the way of nausikkak.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »

WAIT BLA. if a region is already settled and decided, it should be in the background layer.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »

WAIT BLA. if a region is already settled and decided, it should be in the background layer.
there should be several layers for an already completed nation... a coastline layer, a border layer, a fill layer, and an ocean layer (maybe more?)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
inb4 100 layers

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »
Well I think there should be enough layers that if someone wants to make a specific version they like they can do that, but when editing the map should be kept in the standard editable format, along with a png image.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
i just made a very strange analogy

minecraft > add mods
base community ns map > add filters/layers

FiahOwl

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82143'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:56:49 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
thanks but lets leave the pokemon thing out of the list of layers to avoid making stuff complicated.

FiahOwl

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82145'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:56:46 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »
That's a misc map for me to model my roads after.

whatever you say, pikachu

FiahOwl

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '82156'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:56:43 AM by FiahOwl »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »
A too fucking cold to inhabit
Too cold?

For Aeridanes?

How large is the island or are you at like 70N?

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
eww coloration. is the coloration based on who owns the nations or what nation it is. because if it is what nation it is then i'm going to have a hard time coming up with 19 colors i can associate with my nashuns.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »
eww coloration. is the coloration based on who owns the nations or what nation it is. because if it is what nation it is then i'm going to have a hard time coming up with 19 colors i can associate with my nashuns.
ha yeah 5 colors for Amalthea is difficult as it is, especially since about 27 different nations are going to conflict with NP's solid red... it's such a popular color, isn't it?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
Maybe someone could resize The Nausikkoltinent and put it on the map?

And Kipproves of this?
Made a gimpy file.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
no
kip said
i don't know what you mean by where nausikkak was, there have been probably at least 10 so-called 'official maps', just move kallisto over if you want, i didn't have a specified position so i just floated it in the center. keep it slightly north of the equator and pointing in the same direction if at all possible.
now kallisto is in the way of the mane continent

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »
I did read and follow what Kip said.

Then I don't know where to put it.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2012, 12:50:10 AM »
does anyone want to define the 'main continents' and which nations are on the 'main continent'

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »
Well, only put this nations on the map (someone will have to draw them :P) and i'm happy:
The Altëbenian Empire (Al Artebanne Impiruch)= Sikkilian (Irish and Maltese moisture)
The Good Lands of Amanysland (Nacla Nilami Amanysland)= Escarobian (Tamil and Hindi moisture)
The Federative Republic of Barcegna (La Repubblique Fédérativa dul Barcegna)= Barcegne (Spanish, French and Italian moisture)
The Calabell Empire (Ell Callabell Emperio) = Espirantia (modifyed spanish)
The Rebirth of Cassirissa (Deh Rhebirf ov Cahsirihsa)= Niwblarian (Modified English)/"Blalang(s)"
The Union of Central Pentadomeun (Denionafeng Csentrung Fenfomegy-ui) = Quintarian (Afrikaans, German, Chinese, Korean and Danish moisture)
The Woman Republic of Danieren Cassien (Teh Waman Rehpublac of Damnierren Kolsien)= Neoblarian (This-Forum)/"Blalang(s)"
Free Lands of Free Freedom = ---Any---
The Queensdom of Giziania (Ol Raiñado del Gizeania) = Espõrtuguese (obviously an moisture of Espanish and portuguese)
The Realm of Issalosia ()= Issalosian(Issamorian + Aeridanish)/Lovissamorian(Issamorian + NUELANGS)
The Greath Republic of Lariennia (Tha Granig Repúblic Dof Laryennea) = Gosturian (Portuguese + modifications + english)
The Union of Lavye-Maryuvia (Soyulik va Lavië-Mariukea//=Sovkovan)(Soyunie vok Lavie-Mariukia=Kopkovan)= Sovkovan (Russian, Romanian and Turkish)/Kopkovan(Russian, Romanian and Czech)/Soleani/Auspik
The Realm of Minecraftia (The Realm of Minecraftia) - English (?)
The Kingdom of Myattia (Konugariget Meattia)= Miarrian (Danish + Swedish)/Neokolokian
The Neo-European Union (Tha Neo-Europea Unión) = Nearopean (English + Spanish)
The Kingdom of New Issamoria (Ohe Reidom dof Nowa Issamoria) = Issamorian (Portuguese + English)
The North Pentadominium (Dhi Nordanis Fetsominoder)= Fivorian (English, Italian, Japanese, Latin and Norwegian)
The Pedrist Union of Pedramerica (A União Pedrista da Pedramerica) = Pedruguese (modified portuguese)
The Potato Lands (The Potato Leeks)= Rootian ()
The Sion Islands (Le Sió Isolles) = Sionian (Italian + catalan)
The South Pentadominii (Coc Jimgu Cipêsatoven) = Cincovanii (Portuguese, Russian, Vietnamese, Turkish and Czech)
Tusaria, The Two Rivers Republic (Tüsarea, Arepungbhoa Doi Doion Róngs)= Tusarian (Galician + Vietnamese)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2012, 03:49:10 AM »
uhhhh