Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fast Forward  (Read 4140 times)

Nick Johnson

Fast Forward
« on: October 12, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »
When i speed up the time, everything goes flying off.   Like, if you open the "Our Solar System" file.   And you speed up time really fast, everything goes flying off in different directions, is this normal?  Or is it a "bug"?    Also, i think it would be nice to add a feature such as "Add Moon", just like adding rings, but adding one moon, its much easier.  And you can choose what type of moon, just like the choices with rings.
Also, whenever i try to add a Black Hole, the game crashes.

Thanks.

EDIT: Question 1 Was Solved By Reading FAQ, Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 03:46:34 PM by Nick Johnson »

BlackBolt

Re: Fast Forward
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »
Have you made use of the in-"game" bug report feature after the game crashed? It showed me a window at one time...
Also, the amount of variables is large but can reach staggering proportions, way too much for our little desktop computers to handle at the present time, so crashes are to be expected, depending on how far we go  :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:03:49 AM by BlackBolt »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Fast Forward
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
No worries Nick... That's a common question. That's the problem with the limitless control of the time step; it's easy to mess everything up and not understand why.

I like your 'Add Moon' suggestion. I want to make Universe Sandbox easier to use and understand. I'll definitely be adding something like this as I work to rethink the user interface over the next month.

And yes... if you crash please send me your error report. They are super helpful.