Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Crash trying to launch  (Read 6110 times)

Zaetrum

Crash trying to launch
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
I bought the game through Steam, the crash happens launching through Steam and through the .exe directly. Application error logs in event viewer show .NET Runtime errors:

Application: Universe Sandbox.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
   at <Module>.?CreateRenderSurfaceEx@CTVScene@@$$FQAEPAVCTVRenderSurface@@HHW4cCONST_TV_RENDERSURFACEFORMAT@@_N1MPAD@Z(CTVScene*, Int32, Int32, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Single, SByte*)
   at MTV3D65.TVScene.CreateRenderSurfaceEx(Int32, Int32, MTV3D65.CONST_TV_RENDERSURFACEFORMAT, Boolean, Boolean, Single)
   at NNKOAPOABOACJENPEJKGLHPMJFJLMLPPGIDP.BJKEAMIJEHBJPPMCAHKKIIHPDGHPKEGCIJDA.IMOAODIKOBBHFFIJBKHIPADGGJLPJMFDEFPC()
   at NNKOAPOABOACJENPEJKGLHPMJFJLMLPPGIDP.PODCKHOPJEGOIJPCOBBHOGKNAGMHONLDIDOF.BDFLPGEPDHBBMPGNLBDPLFJMDLFMOPNCGMBA(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(System.Object)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr, System.Object[], System.Object, Int32, Boolean, System.Object[] ByRef)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

and...

Faulting application universe sandbox.exe, version 2.1.5.900, stamp 4ef29d7c, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, stamp 4d00f27d, debug? 0, fault address 0x00011689.

Sometimes the error happens immediatly clicking the .exe, sometimes it gets to the rotating sun animation, but the error still happens. On the second error, faulting module is sometimes different .dll files (clr, dinput8). Windows XP SP3, fully updated .Net/Windows/GPU.

I've uninstalled the game, uninstalled .NET, and tried fresh installs for both, but it's always the same.

Zaetrum

Re: Crash trying to launch
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:49:53 AM »
I also tried to remove Visual C++ 2008/2010, and .NET 4 again. I reinstalled with dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe, and updated everything. Similar problem. The game crashed trying to load. Also similar results with a different user. Below is the .NET error which appeared along with the typical xxx.dll faulting error.

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   .NET Runtime
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   1023
Date:      8/3/2012
Time:      12:43:40 PM
User:      N/A
Computer:   OWNER-120201F7E
Description:
Application: Universe Sandbox.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 79141CC2 (79140000) with exit code 80131506.

11JRidding

• I love Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
Answer me a question. Are you using Vista?

Zaetrum

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »
Windows XP SP3

11JRidding

• I love Universe Sandbox
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
Then I can't help you  :(