Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to play?  (Read 5709 times)

Arrol

How to play?
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
Hey I'm new to this game and this forum and I want to know the following questions:

1.How can I move planets around?
2.How can I maek a Black Hole?
3.How do I make the Sun into a Red Giant/Supergiant?'

Thank you.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: How to play?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
1 - You can move bodies around by hovering over a planet or moon and holding down the M key. (I'm getting ready to do a UI overhaul that will make this more obvious and not require the use of the keyboard)

2 - Right click to open the control panel, and find black hole in the presets list on the right, then close the control panel, and press F to create it.

3 - Right click on the Sun, and then under Sun properties you can change the mass and radius of the Sun.

Be sure to run through "Learn the Basics" from the main menu and then check out "Fun Things to Do" it goes though many of the features found in Universe Sandbox.

Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for checking it out.

Arrol

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
1 - You can move bodies around by hovering over a planet or moon and holding down the M key. (I'm getting ready to do a UI overhaul that will make this more obvious and not require the use of the keyboard)

2 - Right click to open the control panel, and find black hole in the presets list on the right, then close the control panel, and press F to create it.

3 - Right click on the Sun, and then under Sun properties you can change the mass and radius of the Sun.

Be sure to run through "Learn the Basics" from the main menu and then check out "Fun Things to Do" it goes though many of the features found in Universe Sandbox.

Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for checking it out.

Thanks.  Also, can I make a supernova?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:12:38 PM by Arrol »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
There's no supernova feature specifically, although you can explode almost all bodies (right click on them and then click the 'Explode' button).

Supernova's are on my to-do feature list (although it's a fairly low priority).

looseskrewz

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
I would not consider this a game.

It is more of a simulation.

......just to bust your newbie balls a bit. ::)

A game usually has a set goal.