Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What do you want Universe Sandbox 3 to have?  (Read 38326 times)

clockworks

• Connor
Re: What do you want Universe Sandbox 3 to have?
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
If you read the article, you'll see that the sound travels through the medium of gas resulting from a supernova.
If you were talking to me I was talking about stars not supernovae

smjjames

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »
If you read the article, you'll see that the sound travels through the medium of gas resulting from a supernova.

I remember that article from somewhere, it was about turning the radio emissions of the stars into sound.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »
If a star exceeds the Eddington limit it'll blow off gasses that might let you hear sound.

smjjames, if i understood the article correctly, it was talking about supernova's making sound because the gasses from the star were launched out in space, creeating a medium for the sounds to travel though.

I remember that article from somewhere, it was about turning the radio emissions of the stars into sound.

Mefisto

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »
Hello!

1 - Files txt ( editable ) for objets and all property for objets. ( TXT to UBOX and UBOX to TXT ).
2 - External editor.
3 - All function and property commands.
4 - Pre Analisis for data UBOX ( Generator file log.err )
5 - Reasig for objet orbiter for anything objet ( ej.: Moon for Earth, change in the moment a Mars  ;D )
6 - Simple commands in files for objets.
7 - Ability to calculate positions for a period of time x before generating the graphics, so you can go back in time ... ( file suport? procesador hide? )

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »
1 - Files txt ( editable ) for objets and all property for objets. ( TXT to UBOX and UBOX to TXT ).

Hello, you can already do this through XML files. Look on the faq/main page for directions :)

Mefisto

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
Thank!

clockworks

• Connor
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »
If a star exceeds the Eddington limit it'll blow off gasses that might let you hear sound.

smjjames, if i understood the article correctly, it was talking about supernova's making sound because the gasses from the star were launched out in space, creeating a medium for the sounds to travel though.

Okay, okay!
In general, stars do not make sound.

Viper122

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
I would like everything the universe gots to have, lol

smithy

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »
well spaghettification would be interesting
Solar Storms
weather system for planets
Magnetars and pulsars 

also when a object with a high amount of gravity enters a star system I'd like to see the effects in more detail
like distorting of the star(or stars if it's a binary system) , atmospheres and oceans like
if a giant star powerful enough got close to our star system it could in theory cause all our oceans and clouds to flood what ever side of the earth is facing that star 

and as that giant star got closer to us i'd like to see that star to incinerate the surface of our planet and it's immense gravity to eventually cause our planet to crumble and break apart
also if the star is large enough it should cause our sun to distort in shape

also if it's a black hole entering our solar system I'd love to watch the oceans get suck up and eventually cities and forests to be pulled from earths surface as it crumbles and gets suck in to the black hole

and I'd love to see like say our sun was suddenly 1000 times Hotter i'd like to see that effect the planets more
so like the side of the earth facing the sun could be a molten hell then that side could cool down and be a barren waste land when not facing the sun

also it might be nice seeing satellite in orbit around planets

and I think someone already said stars should have life spans
the bigger the star the shorter the life spans
also what happens at the end should also differ on the size of the star you know
I'd so love to see a hyper nova :P or our sun turn in to a red giant then eventually a white dwarf

also I think we need more galaxy's and stuff
such as the deathstar galaxy
hxxp://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2007/dec/HQ_07280_Death_Star_Black_Hole.html

mjduniverse

• Your lack of common sense disturbs me!
    • mjduniverse.com
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »
That Sounds Like Too Much.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Well, we may or may not get all those features at once, but most of them seem pretty resonable. Spaghetification could be done with some viausal effects like gravitational lensing is. Solar storms/weather could all just be animations. Pulsars could shoot light pulses and magnetars would have toggalable visible/invisible magnetic fields. The part with the gravity making planets crumble apart can actually be simulated in this version, and in the next version it might be made easier. You can also easily place satellites in orbit, just pick an objecta and turn it's SMA down until it is in near earth orbit. also a setting to maek starts explode after certain time would be cool, but it should be toggaleble.

smithy

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »
Well, we may or may not get all those features at once, but most of them seem pretty resonable. Spaghetification could be done with some viausal effects like gravitational lensing is. Solar storms/weather could all just be animations. Pulsars could shoot light pulses and magnetars would have toggalable visible/invisible magnetic fields. The part with the gravity making planets crumble apart can actually be simulated in this version, and in the next version it might be made easier. You can also easily place satellites in orbit, just pick an objecta and turn it's SMA down until it is in near earth orbit. also a setting to maek starts explode after certain time would be cool, but it should be toggaleble.

How realistic will they be though?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
Universe Sandbox doesn't simulate relativity or bending of spacetime, so it'd be mostly visual.
Most of the suggestions are pretty mush visual enhancements. Roche limit can easily by simulated by being able to autoexplode objects.