Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First Screenshot of Universe Sandbox 3  (Read 61081 times)

Steroidkloud

• There'll be another time...
Re: First Screenshot of Universe Sandbox 3
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 05:12:56 AM »
Looking forward to it.

Atmosfear

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 06:12:47 AM »
If you add the ability to punch in any date (4,000 b.c. to 4,000 a.d. for example) in order to get the applicable solar system ephemeris as a starting point in a simulation verus the current static starting date of  2008 blah blah and I will pay $50 for the update to US3.

+1

This specific feature would be #1 on my list... a great boon for realistic writing if I can say for certainty what the sky looks like on a given night.

Omnigeek6

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »
If you add the ability to punch in any date (4,000 b.c. to 4,000 a.d. for example) in order to get the applicable solar system ephemeris as a starting point in a simulation verus the current static starting date of  2008 blah blah and I will pay $50 for the update to US3.

+1

This specific feature would be #1 on my list... a great boon for realistic writing if I can say for certainty what the sky looks like on a given night.

That would take forever for a gravity simulator to calculate, especially because the errors from not using an absurdly small time step would add up over 4000 years of simulation.

I believe there are other "desktop planetarium" programs that are better suited to ephemerides than Universe Sandbox.

Atmosfear

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 04:27:24 AM »

+1

That would take forever for a gravity simulator to calculate, especially because the errors from not using an absurdly small time step would add up over 4000 years of simulation.

I believe there are other "desktop planetarium" programs that are better suited to ephemerides than Universe Sandbox.

Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade?

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »

+1

I believe there are no "desktop planetarium" simulators for custom solar systems.

Atmosfear

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »

+1

I believe there are no "desktop planetarium" simulators for custom solar systems.

Actually I was wondering if this were so... I know of existing programs (and have used them in the past) that do this, but not for custom systems.

Omnigeek6

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »

+1

hmm... maybe a "run until date" option would work (to go back in time, reverse everything's velocity).

smjjames

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »
I'll post another screenshot in the next few days. :)

Well, its been a few days....

smjjames

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »
I'll post another screenshot in the next few days. :)

Sorry for the double post. Dan, you said you would post a new screenshot (or video if applicable) every few weeks and a week ago you said you would post something in the next few days.

I'm not trying to annoy you or anything as I realize that you're probably very busy and I respect you as much as everybody else here, it's just that you said you would post something every few weeks or so and we're still waiting for a new screenshot.

FiahOwl

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »
I hope it showz ze new system generator :D

Kevin1994

• New Space will we ever get up there? I hope so.
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »
yeah where are the new screenshot  ;D

justinpatrick1011

• Gliese 581g, my most favorite planet.
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:32 AM »
Release date plzzzzzzzzzzzz? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Coolest Game Ever.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »
Release date plzzzzzzzzzzzz? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
There is no official release date. But I'm pretty sure it'll be finished within 50 years. :)

FiahOwl

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »
There is no official release date. But I'm pretty sure it'll be finished within 50 years. :)

You mean 51 right?

smjjames

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 06:27:01 AM »

You mean 51 right?

Nice humor you two :P

Release is sometime this year, thats all Dan knows. I'm hoping for a summer release sometime myself.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »

You mean 51 right?

Nice humor you two :P

Release is sometime this year, thats all Dan knows. I'm hoping for a summer release sometime myself.
And it might have ponies!

* atomic7732 hides

FiahOwl

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
I bet Dan is trying to contact Lauren Faust about implementing the mane six into Universe Sandbox

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
Wut? Problably not, I'm pretty sure he was just joking.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
I don't joke about ponies. :)

matty406

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »
I don't joke about ponies. :)
*squee*

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
I hope you aren't joking about the shooting laser beams part, that'd be awesome :P (like kind of like light pulse but in a line or something).

Desacabose

• ?
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
And it might have ponies!

* atomic7732 hides

Hmm If I'm thinking correctly it will not have ponies...

R.I.P. All the little ponies

*prepares to engage in war

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »
I hope you aren't joking about the shooting laser beams part, that'd be awesome :P (like kind of like light pulse but in a line or something).
It would be.

Needs our OCs

FiahOwl

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »

matty406

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 05:34:12 AM »
Inb4 unicorn sandbox