Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: start up  (Read 6920 times)

pivotman14

start up
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »
when i start it up it says "Universe Sandbox is detecting 0.0 bytes of usual texture memory (which may not be enough). You might experience Problems." then i click ok and everything is black and theres no menus. plz tell me how to fix this

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
Re: start up
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
Maybe you accidentally deleted your appearance file. Go to my documents, Universe Sandbox, systems, Copy of data for reference. If the appearance file isn't there you might have to reinstall Universe Sandbox. It's usually the first file there.

If you have any screenshot software installed take a screenshot and post it so we might be able to know what you're talking about.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Or use Prt Scr Key and paste in Paint, and upload.

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
Yeah but my computer didn't come with paint, I had to download it. :-\

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »
when i start it up it says "Universe Sandbox is detecting 0.0 bytes of usual texture memory (which may not be enough). You might experience Problems."

A number of people get this error. This is an error generated by the graphics engine that I'm using so it's hard for me to know how to fix this.

I'm going to be working with them to help identify this problem over the next few weeks.

Sometimes restarting you computer can solve it (but this rarely works). Upgrading your video card will usually solve this, but I realize that's not a very helpful solution for many.

I'm sorry I'm not able to be more immediately helpful on this problem.

pivotman14

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
Maybe you accidentally deleted your appearance file. Go to my documents, Universe Sandbox, systems, Copy of data for reference. If the appearance file isn't there you might have to reinstall Universe Sandbox. It's usually the first file there.

If you have any screenshot software installed take a screenshot and post it so we might be able to know what you're talking about.

let me remind you what i said i said its black ad there is no menu no backround nothing

pivotman14

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
thanks dan. i got at my moms house and i love it so i wanted to download it on here but it didnt work