Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion: New Preset Body: Galaxy  (Read 4403 times)

Frosty10001

Suggestion: New Preset Body: Galaxy
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »
I've been struggling to make a new solar system with a spiral galaxy holding all them planets I create inside of. Then I had this idea of a new preset body that goes by the name of Galaxy. When I increase the diamater of a planet/whatever it becomes really big planet, such if I make a galaxy explode (it also makes it freaky.  :-X) But for starting your own solar system with a spiral galaxy in the outside, there should be a new preset, for easier workings if you don't decide to create a galaxy in a XML file. Thanks for reading everyone, Frosty10001.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Suggestion: New Preset Body: Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »
I was just working on a galaxy preset option yesterday. :)

In the next update you'll be able to spawn galaxies from the preset menu and then move them around with the mouse. You'll also be able to move Saturn and it's rings will stay with it.

Are you wanting to create a solar system (like our own) and then be able to zoom out and see the galaxy?

Frosty10001

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »
I was just working on a galaxy preset option yesterday. :)

In the next update you'll be able to spawn galaxies from the preset menu and then move them around with the mouse. You'll also be able to move Saturn and it's rings will stay with it.

Are you wanting to create a solar system (like our own) and then be able to zoom out and see the galaxy?

Well, yes I have. With a current solar system i'm working on (I belived I sent it to you on "feedback" email.) Wouldn't look very realistic if it were to linger in the universe not being parented by a Galaxy. Thanks Dan. Also, such as moving Saturn with it's rings still attached sounds nice, I created a planet (Called Merji) in my solar system to have rings, but I had trouble moving both the rings and the planet itself.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
Yeah... The system you sent me was cool. It's fun to see what others are doing with Universe Sandbox.

The next update should be out in a few days.

And creating new systems will get even easier over the next few months as improving the UI and the creation tools becomes my primary focus.