Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trails printed onto background of simulation  (Read 3383 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Trails printed onto background of simulation
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »
So i've found a trail bug and how to recreate it, strangely it only works in this one simulation i made, it's probably something i did but i can't figure it out. Anyway, to recreate, open the simulaiton (posted below). Turn strange forces on, 'j', and then auto-orbit and auto-timestep (although those may not be important). Trails should be on. Then, run the simulation for a few seconds. When you press space to stop, the trails are printed onto the background. move around the camera and this becomes apparent. Press space again to continue the simulation and the trails return to the object. Strange.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Trails printed onto background of simulation
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »
I've seen something like that before. That's awesome that you've come up with a 100% reproducible test case.

The trail code in Universe Sandbox 3 is all new and this bug is almost certainly not in the new version. So we probably won't fix this (since it's the old version and our time is better spent on the new code), but thanks so much for pointing this out.

smjjames

Re: Trails printed onto background of simulation
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
It can also happen when you set the trail limit beyond the actually loaded number, like when I tried setting the trails to 5000 instead of 2000. Also for the generate system thing since it just goes crazy.