Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why isn't Universe Sandbox free?  (Read 148890 times)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Why isn't Universe Sandbox free?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:58 PM »
To think just several months ago you were programming this alone.

Yeah... it's pretty crazy and a huge surprise to me. It was never about the money and still isn't.

I was making Universe Sandbox for myself at the beginning, but now it's about creating the most awesome and fun way to everyone to learn about our amazing universe.

Thanks again to everyone who's purchased and made it possible for me to both work on this full time and assemble a team of super smart and talented people to make something even more awesome.
(and the next big update, Universe Sandbox 3, a full rewrite of the current version, will be a free update for everyone that's bought any version).

Anyways, it's cool that he is just about to add an astronomy expert or two to the team...

It's probably to early to confirm anything, but the individual in question just wrote up some really great information about how we can better model the properties of stars and accurately model their surface. I'll share more when I can.

smjjames

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »
[
Anyways, it's cool that he is just about to add an astronomy expert or two to the team...

It's probably to early to confirm anything, but the individual in question just wrote up some really great information about how we can better model the properties of stars and accurately model their surface. I'll share more when I can.

Modelling their surface... does that mean we'll be seeing solar prominences? I don't neccesarily expect them, but it would be neat.

pureawesome73

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
i cant afford it cuz i cant get a job and my parents dont spend money on stuff like this :(  i wish i could get it somehow without cheating and stealing from you

Kevin1994

• New Space will we ever get up there? I hope so.
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 03:32:58 AM »
Nope .

Kevin1994

• New Space will we ever get up there? I hope so.
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 03:33:26 AM »
:P

jman

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
Our Universe is amazing and it feels wonderful to help share that reality with you. I want to make this my life's work.

If I had $100 million dollars I'd hire top programmers and artists to help me take Universe Sandbox to the next level, and then I'd just give it way.

Unfortunately I'm not wealthy and the most straightforward way to eventually be able to work on Universe Sandbox full time is to charge people money.

I am so thankful to each and every person that has purchased a copy of Universe Sandbox. You have pushed me toward making the big leap toward the dream that has unfolded for me over the last year (making Universe Sandbox my full time job). There's still a long way to go, but I'm dedicated to making it happen.
If I were rich I would give Dan a million dollars to continue to make Universe Sandbox and other things very cool

wubbzy301

• I stole a username idea!!!
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
It almost 2014 come on HURRY RELEASE IT! It late 2013.

mjduniverse

• Your lack of common sense disturbs me!
    • mjduniverse.com
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2013, 06:19:47 PM »
3 Months till 2014!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D