Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How do I make my own galaxy?  (Read 8846 times)

sean2323

• We Space Now
How do I make my own galaxy?
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
Hi i am both new to this sight and universe sandbox, 1st of all I Would love to say that Dan did an awesome job making it, now on to my question, I loved the design of the galaxies but theres one i want to make, M-18, one of the biggest galaxies we know of, with a black hole in the center that may be in excess off 13 Times the size of our whole solar system, anyway I want to know how i can do it. does it involve toying around with the XML blowing things up around a giant star til you get the right shape ( ;D ). or will there be an option to make one in US2? well that's it thanks if you reply!

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: How do I make my own galaxy?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
Sorry, this is not able to be done in US1 and US2.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:37 PM »
This can't really be done in US1.

You will be able to easily create galaxies of various sizes in US2 (although galaxy controls may have to wait for 2.1 which will be released 4-8 weeks after the initial release of version 2).

sean2323

• We Space Now
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
This can't really be done in US1.

You will be able to easily create galaxies of various sizes in US2 (although galaxy controls may have to wait for 2.1 which will be released 4-8 weeks after the initial release of version 2).

cool, and by easily you mean editing xml files? or will there be default galaxies you can add or a type of rings that you put around a huge star to make it look like a galaxy?

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »

cool, and by easily you mean editing xml files? or will there be default galaxies you can add or a type of rings that you put around a huge star to make it look like a galaxy?

Probably both :)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »

With the mouse you'll be able to open up different default galaxies and change the properties.

We're hoping to eliminate most of the need to edit XML files with version 2.

sean2323

• We Space Now
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »

With the mouse you'll be able to open up different default galaxies and change the properties.

We're hoping to eliminate most of the need to edit XML files with version 2.

that sounds great!