Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Best way to submit feedback to devs?  (Read 3212 times)

jimroyal

Best way to submit feedback to devs?
« on: May 29, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »
Does anyone know the best way to submit usability feedback to the developers of Universe Sandbox?

I just completed a simulation of the behaviour of 50 long-period comets over a million years, and I have thoughts about the strengths and shortcomings of the sim. To make it a more serious tool, it would need things like: the ability to import tables of data; the ability to specify a fixed camera position to compare the state of the sim at different points; the ability to sort the search list by parameters such as orbital period; the ability to multi-select objects; the ability to quickly make snapshots and branch them.

What’s the best way to provide such feedback?

tkulogo

Re: Best way to submit feedback to devs?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:43:14 AM »
That list of improvements sounds so much more useful than surface grids, climates, and collisions.

jimroyal

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 02:05:16 PM »
Thanks, tkulogo. Does no one know of a way? Do the devs read this forum?

tkulogo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:44:33 AM »
Jar is a dev and he always did ready this forum. I'm a little surprised he hasn't responded to this directly, but he can't just wave a magic wand and make a bunch of changes. Big changes take years of planning.

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 08:03:18 AM »
Making comments on the forums is probably the best way to provide feedback. The developers do read the forums although they don't always make comments. Being clear and by providing examples of the things you would like to see added would be helpful. For example show a table of data that you would like imported.

If you haven't read the Universe Sandbox Roadmap: 2020 & Beyond at

http://universesandbox.com/blog/2020/04/

be sure and read it. It is the best place to know what the developers are planning.