Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Will SPH particles replace surface grid pixels?  (Read 6179 times)

False Anomaly

Will SPH particles replace surface grid pixels?
« on: January 28, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
This is a little question that's been lingering in my mind for a while now. I don't know, it just makes sense to me that particles would do a better job than grids, especially with when it comes to simulating the inside of a planet.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
Re: Will SPH particles replace surface grid pixels?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:51 AM »
Their log implies that they will be tying the SPH system into surface grids, but you will have to wait until their next news to see what exactly is the plan.

UB VVG

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »
There is a deadly form of BUG on the network, that is, when a high-temperature region occurs, the area will become very close to the cold. I was in the simulation, when the laser strikes the earth, next to a high-temperature zone that the total irregular cold area. SPH replaced the self believe might be better, or else developers will continue to improve this web form.

UB VVG

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
Mine is a machine translation, so it's a little weird.

False Anomaly

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
There is a deadly form of BUG on the network, that is, when a high-temperature region occurs, the area will become very close to the cold. I was in the simulation, when the laser strikes the earth, next to a high-temperature zone that the total irregular cold area. SPH replaced the self believe might be better, or else developers will continue to improve this web form.
I already know that, so I probably should have worded my question differently. But it would be nice to see the devs give a shot at using particles to simulate temperature, rather than the grids made for the current rigid-body bodies.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 10:11:37 PM »
No. SPH particles will not replace surface grids. Surface grids and SPH are two different things.

planetuniversesandbox

• Geography flags space and other stuff (LoL)
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 01:43:47 PM »

planetuniversesandbox

• Geography flags space and other stuff (LoL)
Will SPH particles replace surface grid pixels? / Synchtube
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 08:57:30 AM »
no