Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I don't know if its a bug but...  (Read 4281 times)

SMN_665

I don't know if its a bug but...
« on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:51 PM »
I'm trying to make a kinda galaxy with stars (Not particles) I have made more than 40 stars and when I wanna add a rocky planet with atmosphere it sees black, but when I delete the atmosphere it can see perfectly, what's the reason of this and it could be solved?

I'm trying to believe that is because my pc is shitty lol

My pc specs:

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30 Ghz
3GB (2.6 usable)
1.4GB Integrated video AMD Radeon HD 6130 Graphics
64 Bit OS

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: I don't know if its a bug but...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
Yes, that is a bug.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:06:46 AM »
Sorry for the issue. I believe this is actually a limitation of our lighting system, which doesn't do a great job of handling many different light sources. We want to improve this, but you may have a better experience if you change the lighting mode to something other than Realistic. Click View > Lighting and select Studio or Flashlight.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 11:43:32 AM »
I mostly use the flashlight mode to see objects that are in total darkness. A new lighting system must be developed right after the release of planet grids, so that dark objects can still be seen at distances where some visible light from nearby stars or galaxy clusters exist. A new system to deal with different light sources would be required. Light is also visible in different colors and luminosity strengths and wavelengths.

For example, when placing a hot rocky planet fairly near another object, such as an orbiting gas giant or rocky planet or moon, the red hot glow should light up the dark side of the other object. If the hot object turns yellow, white or blue hot, than the intensity of light reflecting on the other object where it is dark should increase in luminosity and become brighter, therefore change in color due to the light and heat intensity.

Another example would be, how would the dark side of the Moon appear like if I place a red hot Earth orbiting near it. What about making a blue hot Earth with its Moon orbiting it. How much light and visibility would the dark side of the Moon look like.

SMN_665

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 05:29:00 PM »
Sorry for the issue. I believe this is actually a limitation of our lighting system, which doesn't do a great job of handling many different light sources. We want to improve this, but you may have a better experience if you change the lighting mode to something other than Realistic. Click View > Lighting and select Studio or Flashlight.

I also made it but to be honest it's kind weird taking in count the star's light, I hope this can be resolved in the future, at the moment I'm very patient waiting the next update ♥

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »
Me too. I am patiently waiting for the release of planet grids and lasers. It should be out by October 2019, but let's face it folks. Let's wait and see, and be as patient as possible. You don't want developers to rush development and make more mistakes and bugs. Let them develop each feature slowly, bit at a time, then lets embrace brand new features which will soon come to life in Universe Sandbox.

If you want to have a particular feature released, please request it in the forum. Many thanks.