Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Star color change?  (Read 5829 times)

SMN_665

Star color change?
« on: August 19, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »
Is there any way to change the color of the stars also the black, red, red orange, orange, yellow, yellowish white, white, blue white, blue and strong blue? I would like to color some other stars yellowish green like wolf rayet stars... Also I would like to know if there will be nebulas for universe sandbox (I know that nebulas background allready exist but I wanna know if will be as a body).

http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/article00695.html

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Star color change?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:50 AM »
We don't have a direct way of changing the color yet, but you can change the color by changing the type of star (largely a function of temperature, but probably easiest to start with the right color star in the Add panel).

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 02:59:10 PM »
I would also like to be able to customize the colors of stars to any custom color. Also, I wish I could do the same with gas giants, gas giant bands, clouds, atmosphere and water. Developers must make a color update to make it possible for users to be able to customize colors of every object type by using any color color set combination.

I also would like to customize the colors of all human sized objects as well.

SMN_665

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
I would also like to be able to customize the colors of stars to any custom color. Also, I wish I could do the same with gas giants, gas giant bands, clouds, atmosphere and water. Developers must make a color update to make it possible for users to be able to customize colors of every object type by using any color color set combination.

I also would like to customize the colors of all human sized objects as well.

I think this is allready on the to do list, also I loved the Surface Grids & Lasers | DevLog #9 update, I was about to post a request where you can make your own planet's map but it will be in the next update as well.

The thing that would be outstanding for us it's a simulation of volcanic eruptions, storms, hurricanes, also would be good to see thunders in the storms, ocean's water movement too but I believe this last one is hard to do, at least because we are seeing the planet's oceans very far from the surface.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »
I have already suggested weather systems for improved climate mode for rocky planets. The simulation of storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and lightning would be amazing to simulate in Universe Sandbox. The sound of lightning storms would need to be simulated both physically and also by sound. That is the sound of lighting when lightning bolts clashes into each other.

Volcanic eruptions are also another great feature to simulate lava pools and rivers, plus growing and disappearing volcanoes must be simulated with time steps as well. That is something that Universe Sandbox absolutely needs to have as a new feature for rocky planet. When volcanoes erupt under water, Universe Sandbox must have suitable physics that can simulate the growth of underwater formations growing and cracks appearing when magma leaks out from those growing cocoons of lava.

There are still many features relating to rocky planets that must be simulated into Universe Sandbox, because current features are not enough. Progress so far has been great for developers, but I want to be able to simulate everything that can exist on terrestrial planets such as different weather systems and volcanic eruptions of magma, ice and smoke like black smokers.

SMN_665

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
I have already suggested weather systems for improved climate mode for rocky planets. The simulation of storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and lightning would be amazing to simulate in Universe Sandbox. The sound of lightning storms would need to be simulated both physically and also by sound. That is the sound of lighting when lightning bolts clashes into each other.

Volcanic eruptions are also another great feature to simulate lava pools and rivers, plus growing and disappearing volcanoes must be simulated with time steps as well. That is something that Universe Sandbox absolutely needs to have as a new feature for rocky planet. When volcanoes erupt under water, Universe Sandbox must have suitable physics that can simulate the growth of underwater formations growing and cracks appearing when magma leaks out from those growing cocoons of lava.

There are still many features relating to rocky planets that must be simulated into Universe Sandbox, because current features are not enough. Progress so far has been great for developers, but I want to be able to simulate everything that can exist on terrestrial planets such as different weather systems and volcanic eruptions of magma, ice and smoke like black smokers.

Depending of the distance of the planet to you in the game the thunders can be listened, goes the same with volcano eruptions

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 02:14:18 AM »
I hope that after the planet grids update has been released, I hope that developers start developing a color update to modify the colors of stars, gas giants and bands, atmospheres, water color, clouds and city lights within the Universe Sandbox interface. Please do that.

SMN_665

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
I hope that after the planet grids update has been released, I hope that developers start developing a color update to modify the colors of stars, gas giants and bands, atmospheres, water color, clouds and city lights within the Universe Sandbox interface. Please do that.

The sunlights needs to be improved too, as the shadows graphics but I know that they will do in following updates, just wait with patience :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »
Yeah, the sunlight visuals will have to be updated. Please note that stars views for a fairly long distance away have a halo corona that appears around them. This visual effect is due to the solar flares that interacts with the solar wind. Stars coronas must be added in Universe Sandbox 2.

I personally think that stars looks kind of bland, so developers must add more visual effects to them as well as sharper and improved graphics.