Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Far Out | Update 22.1  (Read 34329 times)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Far Out | Update 22.1
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:08:42 PM »
This is a small update that adds a few new sims in addition to dozens of improvements and bug fixes.

Learn more in our full announcement on our blog

We wish you all happy holidays! Stay tuned after the New Year for a recap of this past year and a look at what we’ve got in store for 2019.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Far Out | Update 22.1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »
There are still so many bugs to fix. Please can you fix the "water freeze glitch". This is the worst glitch in Universe Sandbox 2. Many people are complaining about this water freezing bug, so please fix it as soon as possible.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »
We will continue to fix bugs with our future updates. The freezing water glitch will hopefully be fixed with the feature we are working on for better surface simulation. If it's not, then we'll take a look at it again after that update!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 04:18:59 PM »
Thanks for replying Jar.

The water freezing glitch is the worst bug in Universe Sandbox 2. I am aware that so many people complained on and on about this water freezing bug. When this bug is fixed please let everyone know on the bug fix page along with the new update that will be released along with this bug fix.

SuperVegeta

• I am Super Vegeta!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »
Another bug I am encountering is when creating my own sandbox simulation, when using the 'realistic' view, planets appear much darker than they should be, it's rather awkward, unless this is due to the star itself or something else I'm not aware of.

Kudos though.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »
Its both a bug and its due to the luminosity of stars. For example, when placing a red star, the realistic view of planets appear dimmer than usual. For brighter stars, its a bug.

portwally

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 02:12:41 PM »
Teachergaming still at v 21.3. Can you do something to make them speed up a bit?

thanks
walter

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:11:35 AM »
Walter, sorry again for the delay. I've emailed them a few times and I've been told it should be up soon (they have apparently had some delays first because of team restructuring and then because of the holidays). They just now replied to my latest email saying that they hope to have it up tomorrow. If it's not, then I'll make sure we figure out an alternative way to get you the update.

Once updated, you should have Far Out | Update 22.1.

Edit Thursday, Jan 10: 22.1 is now available on the TG Store. Thanks again for your patience.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:41:38 AM by Jar »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Hi. Jar. I have read the January 2019 recap on last years updates progress. Well done for progressing so far.

I also read the "what's next" topic and I am quite happy on what has been mentioned there. Please Jar, this year can you make an update on "color", so that users can customize the colors of gas giants and stars, atmosphere color, water color and gas giant bands as well.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »
I've been gone for around a year and still no major changes or major updates :-\

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 01:20:12 PM »
I've been gone for around a year and still no major changes or major updates :-\
Check out our post about 2018 here: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2019/01/2018-retrospective/

At the end of it, we talk about the bigger features we released this year and some of the snags we hit with the simulation features we've been working on. Thanks for your patience while we work on these complex features!  :)

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
I just cannot wait for an update on color. That is an update that allows players to customize the colors and gas giants, gas giant band colors and quantity, cloud color, water color, atmosphere color and star color as well. Adding color support for all my requests above, will make it much easier for users to be more productive when creating custom objects and simulations. No more tedious file modding would be needed if developers make a full update on color.

In addition to that, I would like to be able to create planet by importing custom textures, such as importing downloaded texture images from Google.

Planet grids is also a feature that I am waiting for, but for me it is a close second to me. Planet grids would be very useful so that ground surfaces would become much more detailed. For example, the ability to see different elevation terrain such as mountains, valleys, and ocean floor. This update would enable various temperatures and seasons, seasonal changes throughout both the northern and southern hemispheres of planets.

I very much hope that all those features and updates will be released this year in 2019. By the way, developers must make a 2019 roadmap to show what they are working on this year, what will be added and complete this year as well as what's coming next for 2020.

There are also many, many bugs in Universe Sandbox 2 that were never fixed. The worst of all bugs is the "water freezing glitch" and the disappearance of stars when editing their surface temperature and luminosity. The disappearance of gas giants when colliding with rocky planets is also a terrible glitch that must be fixed. The problem is when developers release new updates it create more and more bugs rather than fixing previous bugs known in older updates. Developers must be more careful and thoroughly test out updates before releasing them.

I hope that the next update will be something like a Service Pack update that fixes all the bugs and glitches in Universe Sandbox 2. At the moment, this simulator is one of the most bugged games I ever encountered. Please make the most as you can this year in 2019.

Good luck on your development adventure.

tkulogo

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Thank you so much for supporting large numbers of orbits. My Firefly system (The ‘Verse) has 267 bodies in (kinda) stable orbits and it looks so much better now. The only ones that are still screwed up are the orbits around binaries (which vary wildly as the parents orbit each other), and sometimes the orbital parent will be wrong (like a planet’s orbit being around its large moon instead of its sun).