Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Collision fragments Freeze  (Read 8575 times)

Prometech

• Official Photographer of the Universe at large
[BUG] Collision fragments Freeze
« on: November 30, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
Some fragments cause either extreme lag during collision or simply freeze in place. Other bodies do no collide with the frozen fragments.
The Fragments are Attracting body fragments only, Particles are not affected other than the particles created by the bugged collision that freeze as well.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: [BUG] Collision fragments Freeze
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
Hmm, that obviously doesn't sound right! I don't think I've seen this before. Are there any included simulations where you see this regularly happening, or is it just occasionally? If you can, please provide some steps for reproducing this error so it's easier for us to see what's going on.  :)

Prometech

• Official Photographer of the Universe at large
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:45:53 PM »
I'll try to reproduce it

EDIT: Attached is a simulation with 3 fragments on the dark side of the earth that have experienced the Glitch.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:52:58 PM by Prometech »

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
Thanks for reporting that glitch. Keep on reporting all the glitches you find.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »
Thanks for providing a simulation, Prometech, that's a good way of checking in on these issues. I'm having trouble, however, spotting any frozen fragments. I've loaded the sim a couple times on different machines and haven't seen them. It's certainly possible they are there and I just haven't spotted them. Or they don't appear when reloading the sim. When you load your simulation again, are they still frozen?

If they are, it would be extra helpful to give the frozen fragments a special name so I can find them and see if they're also frozen for me. If you'd like to upload a new sim with these names, that would be very helpful!

Edit:
I actually saw the same issue just now, so no need to share another simulation. We'll continue to look into this. Thanks for reporting!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:52:54 AM by Jar »