Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Add non-north american satellites and spacecrafts  (Read 3395 times)

Minhoca

Add non-north american satellites and spacecrafts
« on: November 19, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
Currently, all spacecraft in the game are made by NASA(with only Cassini Spacecraft being just partially made by NASA). So, i suggest adding other important space objects made by mankind that are not north american such as the Sputnik 1, Vostok, Shenzhou 5, and others. I know the US made most of the space exploration, but forgeting about such an important man made object as Sputnik 1, doesn.t seem like a logical action. I would like to hear your reasons, though.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Add non-north american satellites and spacecrafts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
I think that's very fair feedback, though our current catalog of spacecraft in Universe Sandbox is by no means meant to be a comprehensive list of important spacecraft. Over the years we have added models and sims for timely events, which is why we have Juno, New Horizons, Cassini, and the Parker Solar Probe. We discussed adding Sputnik 1 before, though there was some debate over how to handle its more unique dimensions. But again, I do agree, it would be great to have better representation.  I'll mention this to the team. :)

Minhoca

Re: Add non-north american satellites and spacecrafts
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
Thank you! Sorry replying late by the way. I appreciate your attention :D