Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Quasi Stars  (Read 14508 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Quasi Stars
« on: October 16, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »
Quasi stars must be added to the list of stars in Universe Sandbox 2. There are still many types of stars to add to the list of stars in Universe Sandbox 2. The Quasi star is a mega giant star which is much bigger in radius than VY Canis Majoris and UY Scuti. Please add the Quasi star to Universe Sandbox 2's list of stars.

Scientists believe that Quasi stars are theoretical and don't exist any more. I believe that they are wrong because in galaxies very, very far away from the Milky Way galaxy, Quasi stars can exist there. For example, in the super massive galaxy called IC 1101, you can see huge red blobs there. Each blob would have to be some kind of super massive star. That is Quasi stars.

Quasi stars, accounting to what Wikipedia says, are the first generation of stars that formed when the universe was very young. I believe that Quasi stars still exist today. Whether they exist of not, I want to have Quasi stars to be added to the list of stars in Universe Sandbox 2. The Quasi star has a yellow-orange color.

There are many different generations and types of stars that are missing from Universe Sandbox 2, and must be added to the list of stars.

Wikipedia has more information about Quasi stars here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasi-star

Also read this blog here: https://ifsc13ence.blogspot.com/2018/03/a-quasi-star.html

Thank you.

UniversePoker777

Re: Quasi Stars
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 07:43:05 AM »
Yes, I have this star!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »
Thanks, but this star must be included in Universe Sandbox 2.

Pizzaeater1K

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
I think it'd be preferable to give stars a metallicity value that goes from 0 to 1 and shows the amount of elements other than hydrogen or helium in a star, so that a star big enough for that to actually happen (1000+ solar masses) wont die instantly, since a quasi-star would need that much mass, which is only possible in stars with very little to no contamination from "metals". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallicity

Also, IC 1101 is far enough away that we're seeing billion year old stars. In examining pictures, the closest things to those red dots you mentioned appear to be galaxies behind it that may be far enough for redshifting affect, or they could be supernovas.

Of course, all this stuff should probably be added later, and the game is still in alpha.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:43:44 AM »
Yeah, metallicity must be added to stars.

tkulogo

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:57 PM »
The very large size of stars in the early universe have more to do with the gas temperature than the heavier elements. Hot gas has more pressure so it needs more gravity to collapse, hence bigger stars.   

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »
Yes, I know. We still need to have Quasi stars in Universe Sandbox 2.

Pizzaeater1K

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
Its not exactly a requirement and they would look just the same as other stars, other than that their radius would go down and eventually turn into a black hole with the same mass.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 12:18:52 AM »
I know its not a requirement, but I suggest for developers to add at least one Quasi star to the list of stars.

planetuniversesandbox

• Geography flags space and other stuff (LoL)
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 09:05:16 AM »
Edit: