Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Add Aurora for rocky planets and gas giants  (Read 4083 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Add Aurora for rocky planets and gas giants
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:51:10 AM »
There is a crucial feature that is missing for rocky planets and gas giants in Universe Sandbox 2. That feature is the aurora, also known as the northern and southern light which appears on both of Earth's poles when some of the Sun's genetic fields enter below Earth's magnetosphere and atmosphere.

Just like for climate mode in Universe Sandbox 2, there is a need to add the aurora for all rocky planets and gas giants, as well as random spawn rocky planets, random spawn gas giants and user made planets as well.

Aurora colors:

When the aurora feature gets implemented into Universe Sandbox 2, there must be a color feature so that users can customize the color of the auroras which show on the rocky planets and gas giants.

How the Aurora mode works:

There must be an on and off tab like in the climate mode section. Also, the aurora mode must have its own button tab which must be located next to the climate mode tab. The aurora mode must be fully independent from the climate mode tab so that users can turn both climate mode and aurora mode at the same time or independently as they like.

When the aurora mode is turned on, the aurora must show up on both poles of the planet.

I want the developers to reach out and make a note of this feature because it is missing from Universe Sandbox 2. Universe Sandbox 2 must be able to simulate auroras just like its capable of simulating temperatures and climate mode as well.

Please add the aurora mode for rocky planets and gas giants in Universe Sandbox 2.

Pizzaeater1K

Re: Add Aurora for rocky planets and gas giants
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:04:49 AM »
This is probably gonna be added, but not in the near future

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Add Aurora for rocky planets and gas giants
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
The auroras must be added to Universe Sandbox 2. I hope developers wont wait too long before this feature is added to the simulator.